VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there

I have some Blu-Rays that I want to get rid of various extras from the discs, but not to re-encode. BD Rebuilder wants to do that, & I then found a link to Clown BD, but it seems to use other programs that no longer seem to exist?

What do I do?

William
    Quote Quote  
  2. Clown BD will do that.

Or you can use BDtoAVCHD and use the BD remux selection and it won't encode or you can rewrap it with mkv remux selection.
    You will get only the main movie using this program.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I've just started to use Clown BD & there's no option to remove extras?
    Last edited by magnu; 21st Jul 2013 at 23:29.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I am not that familiar with clown bd, bdtoavchd is easier to use.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    If you don't want BD Rebuilder to re-encode the video, add this line to your configuration file: FORCE_NOENCODE=1
    You can find the configuration file by clicking File-->View/Edit Config File. With the no encode line added, BD Rebuilder will never re-encode the video, so if you ever want to use the program normally, you have to manually remove this line from the config file.

Clown BD will give you a main movie only output, with your choice of video, audio and subtitle streams. No encoding with it either.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for that info, Kerry. I will do what you suggest. Clown BD is running at the moment (It never gave me any options to select), so I'm waiting to see what the outcome is. I suspect BD Rebuilder is better, since I can see the options prior to creating the disc.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Clown BD is crap for converting TV Shows! After running it, only one episode remains!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Change custom target size to 50,000 in BDRB would also prevent video encoding? Then do movie only.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by wulf109 View Post
    Change custom target size to 50,000 in BDRB would also prevent video encoding? Then do movie only.
    I found this reply during some googling on the titled subject.. tried isng BD-RB with 50,000 for a movie that is under 20,000... BUT BD-RB still wants to re-encode
    Quote Quote