This is mostly a stupid question, and I think I am going nuts on this, so this is my last chance for help, I already tried and looked everywhere before asking.
How do I load a ssa file into Handbrake?? There is just an import .srt button, and I just can load srt files into it via the subtitles tab. Adding an srt file wont let me burn it into though. So where is the option to import a .ssa file?? Everywhere I looked people said they could import .ssa files, and even the Handbrake handbook says it can handle .ssa files.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
you can put this thing in your handbrake version http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Other-VIDEO-Tools/Cyko.shtml
what it does:
- automatically add chapter markers if the source has it
- fix a bug where Cyko cannot encode multi-audio and cannot mux multi-subtitles to mkv
this bug/error is due to converting the old code to the latest features of Lazarus FreePascal
(namely *.Parameters.Delimeter and *.Parameters.DelimitedText)
- added automatic computer shutdown when encoding is done, as requested,
this option is below the "Outputs" tab above the "Abort Encoding" button
- added profile options of x264 including baseline, main, high
baseline are settings intended for mobile phones
main are settings intended for standalone players
high are settings intended for PC playback
- fix some bug when choosing a preset the hardsub option becomes checked
- added preset and tune options of x264 (so make sure to use the latest nighly build of handbrakeCLI)
- make x264 denoiser a checkbox option
- added switchable width/height resolution
- added denoising parameter of x264lib (denoising lessens bitrate/filesize more on grainy or noisy source videos)
- change preset universal to preset cellphone to encode QVGA (or 320x240 screen) videos for mobile phone viewing
- added presets for devices
- update settings for "High Quality" added me-range=24 for more efficiency that lessens blocking
- fix output naming and when "Hard Subs" is checked it outputs to mp4
in the old naming of output if for example the source name is "sample.mkv"
it will output to "sample.mkv-OUT.mkv" but now it will be "sample-OUT.mkv" only
- when "Hard Subs" is checked it will output to mp4
you may wonder what if the source file has no subs at all
so will checking "Hard Subs" still output to mp4? the answer is yes
- added "--mixdown mono" for encoding FLAC 6 channel audio to low bitrates
- added b-adapt=2 on presets "medium quality" and "high quality"
- changed the presets to be more balance on speed and quality
Hight Quality -> deblock=1,1:ref=8:bframes=5:me=umhubme=10:trellis=2sy-rd=0.0:aq-strength=0.6:aq-mode=2
Medium Quality -> deblock=1,1:ref=5:bframes=3:me=umhubme=8:trellis=1sy-rd=0.0:aq-strength=0.6
Low Quality -> deblock=1,1:ref=3:bframes=3:trellis=1sy-rd=0.0:aq-strength=0.6
- add "Output Location" button on the "Inputs" tab
- added turbo first pass on "Target Bitrate" mode for faster encoding
- handbrake added support for ASS/SSA soft subbing so Cyko have it too now
- updated the presets, high quality preset is same as --preset veryslow of x264 this will give more compression and quality gain at the cost of a little longer encoding time
- the close button of the console window is now disabled so if you want to stop
the encoding process just click "Abort Encoding" button on the GUI app
- target Filesize is remove due to handbrake developers plan to remove it, read more here -> https://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20174
you can still use average Bitrate though its name on cyko is "Target Bitrate"
- HandbrakeCLI.exe detection is now better
- remove the Width inputbox as it confuses newbies to encoding, resolution is in Height and in pixels anyway
like 400p or 360p or 384p or 480p or 576p or etc.
- rename "CRF" to "Target Quality"
- rename "Bitrate" to "Target Bitrate"
- adjusted PsyRD value to 0.0 on all quality presets but i didnt disable psy opts with --no-psy
- fixed the abort button it will only abort when encoding is going
- added ReadMe.txt it will give you instructions on how to get and update HandbrakeCLI.exe
Cyko 11-05-10 (fixed the abort button it will only abort when encoding is going)
Cyko 11-11-10 (read the ReadMe.txt included, adjust PsyRD value to 0.0 on all quality presets)