VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been putting videos together and makin DVDs for every race I do for a few years. Vegas Pro 9 used to work fine, although I never liked how it lowered the definition of the videos. Well, nowadays I have more mp4 files, and some are from Go Pros, and the stills are larger files now with better definition that in years past. I get some stills coming out blacked out. Then I have to go in and edit the stills to smaller files, and that seems to pull the definition of the videos down. I even convert some of the videos to .avi files before I put them in, and I still get blacked out stills. Would Vegas Pro 12 solve all my problems do you think? If not what would be better? I am very familiar with how Vegas Pro 9 works, so getting an updated Vegas Pro would be nice, but I only want to buy it if all my issues mentioned go away. You guys know a lot more about this than I do. Appreciate the help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Short answer yes, 12 will work better. But it depends a lot on your system specs as well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's hard to work with giant stills in any software. You should resize to 2K max pixel dimensions, or lower the ppi to 96.
    Quote Quote