VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi i got some marriage ceremony vcds from my nephew in Uk. I am unable to play the cds it shows blank in windows explorer. I tried ISOBuster to extract iso but it gives error and hangs up.. then i checked the cd format. Its UDF 2.01. I have windows xp. Can someone pls help how to play it on my pc
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Install the udfreader.

But I'm not sure if a cd can be in udf format. And a normal VCD shouldn't be in udf only format.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    A CD can, but normally shouldn't, be in UDF formatted filesystem.. VCDs should ALWAYS include an ISO9660 filesystem as well - a VCD created without one isn't legit and will likely not play correctly on a number of devices.

For ISOBuster, what is the error? It is your best bet in getting this resolved, so maybe you should troubleshoot WHY it it having problems - that may lead to an overall solution as well.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    UDFreader, as suggested by Baldrick, will fix the issue with XP not understanding UDF 2,01 so that needs to be your very first step. Worry about everything else after that.

As Cornucopia points out, UDF is wildly wrong for VCD so be open to the possibility that these discs are completely and utterly botched and you'll never be able to watch them. If you're lucky, your nephew simply made a horrible mistake in copying them. If you're unlucky, the originals are completely botched and you'll have to get whoever has access to the original video to re-do them.
    Quote Quote