VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using Final Cut 7.0.3 on my Mac Pro OS 10.6.8.

I'm working with 1280x720 video files shot 30FPS. In both my timeline and my output, when I transition from one video file clip to another, the newer clip always has a hiccup (image jump). I can't find a way to avoid this - no matter the transition I choose (i.e. 3D simulations, dissolves, etc...).

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do you have enough heads and tails to make the transition? Does this happen on a simple
    Fade from color? Please post a sample as "image jump" can mean a number of things.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So you have Final Cut PRO and a Mac PRO and can't make a simple transition?
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks for replying - I have to head out for a 2 day video shoot - will post a sample when I get back!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK. Meanwhile, we'll keep scratchin our heads to try and figger it out for you. For the prices of these fancy Apple machines and software, they aught to do more than look purty.

I know a lot of people buy these Apple Computers for the simplicity, and "it just works", right? But in this case, it ain't workin'.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Apologies for the delayed response - had to focus on 2+ hours of captured video interviews edited down to 7 minutes...then photography...then B-roll...then wife...then kids...then dogs...then sleep.

I uploaded video to YouTube - the "hiccup" I am referencing happens only once in this video I just posted - at the 1:41 point of the video.

From an interview I had shot (30 fps - 1280x720) I have some B-roll footage (the same setting of 30 fps - 1280x720) transitioning back to original interview...All the Ken Burns B-roll in this video was done the same way yet it only happens once in the final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlJUsBQk1UU&feature=em-upload_owner
    Quote Quote