VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear Folks,

I googled for this and got a 2 year old thread, that was kind of abandon. So I decided to to ask for what I am looking for. I would like to find a dvd authoring tool that allows:

(1) One to use his own Graphics on the Menus
    (2) One to Use his own Gradients for the background of the Menus
    (3) At the bottom of the menu have a next button to guide the User to the next menu Page
    (4) Tells the User to put in the proper disk (if it is a two disc set)
    (5) Use any kind of music for the background of each page of menu
    (6) Ability to make a menu simply
    (7) Has its own burning software
    (8) Doesn't have to be free
    (9) One to use their own fonts
    (10) Has user choice in 3 colors (select,hover and default)
    (11) Something that is intuitive
    Can anyone think of such a monster? Something that's up to date I am burning mpeg2 files. Thank you for your help, John
    Quote Quote  
  2. Better to do away with requirement #7 and only use ImgBurn exclusively for writing (burning) to disc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok 7's gone. Ill use imageburn. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Dvd-Lab Pro can handle most, if not all, of that. It has a burning module but, as Steve(MS) states it is always best to create folders to test your dvd and burn outside the authoring tool with imgburn. Depends how you define intuitive since this program can be as simple and as complicated as you want it to be. When it comes to menus, you call the shots as to what buttons you want or what you want to do.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For #4, I'd eliminate having to prompt the user to "insert disk two" and just use a DL disk, if the thought hadn't crossed your mind already.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes it has. But I want to make them playable on a jvc DVD player. John
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by RBCC View Post
    (6) Ability to make a menu simply
    If you want good-looking menus you make the backgrounds yourself and then import them into the authoring program. You don't rely on some ready-made template to make copy-cat menus for you. And as mentioned, burning should be done with ImgBurn. Other than that, most any authoring program can do as you want. Even free ones such as DVDAuthorGUI, which I use when creating menus for some project.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've used Verbatim DL DVDs multiple times for multiple clients and have never had a problem.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  9. Adobe Encore for all of those except #7. Better stick with Imgburn unless you have a coaster fetish.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Agree with MindController. Encore is my go-to authoring software, but it can only be gotten by purchasing Premiere Pro CS6 and prior versions. It can be installed and used to author assets created with Premiere CC, however you cannot invoke it via Dynamic Link.
    Any further development of Encore has been discontinued.

I ALWAYS use ImgBurn to burn ISO files created with Encore unless I have to burn multiple copies, in which case I copy the ISO file to my DVD duplicator's hard drive and burn from there.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try this one

http://www.dvdstyler.org/en/

Its 100% free and its released under the GPL license
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'll second the above DVDStyler recommendation; IMHO, it does a better job of walking the tight line between doing too little for you (confusing those who aren't savy in such things), and doing too much for you (making the program easy to use, while limiting what you can actually do with it) much better than anything I've used.
    Quote Quote