VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm getting COM Class Factory error while using Xvid4PSP. So, i uninstalled it and re installed the latest version. The latest version does not have file size options like 700mb ultra extreme turbo. 1,08 GB ultra extreme and so on. Please help me i'm using a 32x bit os, and i want a stable version with no COM Class error and with the file size option in dropdown bar of the video encoding menu.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Xvid4psp 5 or 6?
    Quote Quote  
  3. i tried both 5 and 6, there isn't an option for Xvid 700mb ultra/extreme/turbo, but there is an option named 'Xvid HQ ultra/extreme/turbo'.
    Quote Quote  
  4. This error is like this:
    LoadVideo: Retrieving the COM cIa$ factory for component with CISID {E436EBB3-524F-11CE-9F53-002oAFOBA770} failed due to the following error: 80070078.
    The original video was encoded with mkvmerge i think. Looks like a problem with decoding the mkv file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you installed .net framework? I think it checks for it when you install it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I guess i have it. but anyway will install again. I'm now download version 4 .net. x86 x64 on 32 bit Windows XP.
    Quote Quote  
  7. problem persists after installing .net too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Programs that require the .NET frameworks often want specific versions, and most of the frameworks aren't usually backward compatible, as far as I'm aware. I think I've heard Xvid4PSP may work with the .NET 3.5 version framework (which may be one of the exceptions to the 'not backward compatible' issue).
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  9. well, i tried re-installing ffdshow and xvid4psp. installed .net and Microsoft C++ softwares. Yet it didn't work.
    Tried the latest version of Xvid4PSP too, it doesn't work. Something Wrong either with my computer or with the file i'm trying to convert.
    Quote Quote  
  10. XviD4PSP_5.10.330.0_(2013-03-21)_rc33.1 and XviD4PSP_5.0.37.8_r132 are the two versions i tried, along with lite version which is XviD4PSP_5037_lite. None of them worked. Any other alternative i can try? I guess Xvid 4 PSP was very good in quality and there is no other free utility such a flexibility in options and great quality. If anyone has one that is good, then please give me a link.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [Attachment 52113 - Click to enlarge]

How can i fix?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200223_125901.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	52114  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can never understand why anyone would decide to post a reply to a thread 7 years old asking a question! Maybe out of desperation using the notoriously buggy xvid4psp software?
    Quote Quote