VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    now if only these guys would release a stand alone encoder we can use without graph edit.
    there are still other methods of calling a .grf file w/out graph edit. in fact, i am doing that now with my hdpvr_capture app, which loads a .grf file in memory. i am still researching how to add a prevew before i finally release it. otherwise, i am the only one using it at this time -> third pic from the bottom but i've since updated to include duration and size and filename, etc. etc. also, you can call graph edit via command line, and use that in a batch, since there are people still using that method. and i think you can also call it from the latest virtualdub v10.3 and greater. darrells uses this method. maybe he can figure out how to call a .grf from virtualdub. might be the best method(s) so far.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok, after many trail and error, i finally found the way to run graph edit / graphstudionext from command line. now all you (or someone else) has to do is make it a more cleaner or transparent experience. once the progressbar has completed, (and depending on your system speed/specs) you may have to wait a moment for it to complete the creation of the .flv container, and once that is done, the app will close its window. vuala. however, since it will be unpredictable at first, i highestly recommend that you try it on a very small video file to get an idea of how long it will take and what to expect. anyway, the steps are listed below. i used the steps below successfully. however, on my slow system (amd dual core) it took a moment for it to finish and close down. i could only play the file from mpc-hc and mpc-be since i don't have all the necessary and latest driver/codec files installed. obviously, you want to first get a working graph going from inside the graphedit or graphstudionext (i highly recommen the latter) and make any final adjustments to bitrate, etc from within the studio, then save the graph. give it a simple to use name, i.e., video.grf to make it easier on yourself. i used an old lentoid encoder/decoder filters since i hadn't used it since 7/2013 from page 1 of this topic.

-a simple how to guide-

Code:
    1. using your last experience (graphedit / graphstudionext) .grf file. . . 
    2. open a dos command window, or create a script of your own design or a cli / gui front-end tool
    3. call this set of command on one line. or add it to your script or cli / gui tool
    4. graphstudionext VideoToEncode.grf -progressview -run -exitafterrun
    5. done
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vhelp View Post
    now if only these guys would release a stand alone encoder we can use without graph edit.
    there are still other methods of calling a .grf file w/out graph edit. in fact, i am doing that now with my hdpvr_capture app, which loads a .grf file in memory. i am still researching how to add a prevew before i finally release it. otherwise, i am the only one using it at this time -> third pic from the bottom but i've since updated to include duration and size and filename, etc. etc. also, you can call graph edit via command line, and use that in a batch, since there are people still using that method. and i think you can also call it from the latest virtualdub v10.3 and greater. darrells uses this method. maybe he can figure out how to call a .grf from virtualdub. might be the best method(s) so far.
    It would be way over my head. There is a guy in the Virtualdub forums that might be able to but he doesn't seem to be interested in x265 at the moment. He has been experimenting with batch files and scripts though so it might not be impossible. Encoders pretty much need to be CLI with STDIN to get them to work. Users have tried to get other formats working like VC1 or mpeg2 that rely on scripts and dlls but without a CLI that accepts STDIN, it's almost impossible.

It would be nice if the Lentoid encoder was CLI with STDIN and the DivX265 encoder had more command line options so we could compare speed and quality.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DivXdec HEVC while playing an average of ~ 10% load, while Lentoid requires ~ 20% of CPU
    The chinese decoder normal plays container divx-hevc.mp4, but crooked divx-hevc.mkv (MPC)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Oldish thread, but just update to the download page for people who'll come across it: http://www.strongene.com/en/downloads/downloadCenter.jsp
    Quote Quote