VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have used Freekmake from time to time over the years mainly because I don't do much conversions these days and it is very easy to use. It still works ok on one of my computers, but on my main work computer as soon as I start Freemake the entire computer is slow. Even the mouse movement is slow. This is before I do anything, just with Freemake open. I have checked and it isn't using tons of memory or CPU but yet my computer (or at least mouse) is very slow. The mouse is only slow when it passes over one of the buttons along the top or bottom of the Freemake window (and the facebook and twitter links too along with any other button in the preset editor, etc), while passing over the white space it isn't slow.

However once I get the video loaded it will convert fairly quickly and my computer is no slower while it is converting. Also, when I first install it and the first few times I use it the menus will work fine, but then it gets to where the drop down menus open behind the main screen (see attachment), and some menus won't drop down at all (like the audio bitrate). I can uninstall and install again and it works for a while, but then starts doing this again. I haven't found anyone having this problem.

My computer is WinXP SP3 4GB RAM, ASROCK 99FX Extreme4, AMD FX8320. The video card is somewhat old and I know Freemake use the GPU, could that be my problem?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	freemake.jpg
Views:	727
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	18707  

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Tried an older version? Freemake Video Converter and under old versions.

And is it JUST freemake that has this problem on your main computer?
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you're not using it already, try with the latest version 4.0.2.9:
    http://www.freemake.com/offline/offline_all/
    If you still have issues, e-mail Freemake directly. The link is on this page:
    http://www.freemake.com/support/
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I started off with an older version (probably from a couple of years back) and then upgraded to a newer version. The menu problem went away (for a while) but the slow mouse over the buttons was no different. And yes, I don't have problems with any other software (and I have a lot of it) on this computer. I did email Freemake and I got a response saying it was an issue they were aware of it and working on the issue, but the response seemed somewhat generic, and I have never seen anyone else mention this problem. This was their response:

Thanks for flagging. Yes, we know about the issue.
    Our developers worked on it and it should be resolved in one of the latest version.
    Then they told me to uninstall, use CCleaner and then reboot, then reinstall.
    Quote Quote