VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys!

Just ignore the post, it's solved and the problem lied in something else.

Here's the situation. I have a mpeg2 file where audio is going way out of sync and pitch and I have to correct it. The problem is that av tracks are actually matching at the beginning and end, but in the middle it's a mess and also not constant. I can't just fix one part in the middle and everything is solved. Do I have to just go through the whole video and like after every few minutes try to match audio and video? I do that by stretching in Vegas Pro and it works but it's a hell lot of work. It has to be stretched, I can even hear the pitch changing, but it's a lot of work to do it that way. And video is ok, no dropped frames of anything.

And what the heck caused the problem in the first place? Could it be that audio is from a different source (like a dictophone)? But it doesn't seem so. However the original source was a dv tape which I don't have anymore. But if it was a tape problem, then how video is constant and audio is all over the place? Strange.

Is there a clever way/program to actually analyse av tracks and trim/stretch audio to sync with video? That would be cool.
    Last edited by Srivas; 4th Jul 2013 at 14:48.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Srivas View Post
    I have a mpeg2 file where audio is going way out of sync and pitch and I have to correct it.
    Where did the mpeg2 file come from? If you have the source material that doesn't display the problems you mention a better re-encode would likely fix the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I just figured it out. There was an extra piece of audio in the middle of the video, cut it out and now everything is in sync.
    Quote Quote