VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Denon 2012DBP UD and I have copied all my original Blu ray movies in copies (with adding external srt Greek subs)...
    For small size movies (max 25GB) I used JVC,Maxell,TDK,Sony and they work perfect!
    For big size movies (up to 50GB) I used only Verbatim (Kagaku media) and all those discs during playback ht slowing of picture movement,lasting 1-2 secs.In a 2 hour movie I have seen this at least 10 times.It is very annoying.
    It is easily observed especially when there is a person moving,or a car,or a boat...

Because in all other discs (25GB) it NEVER HAPPENED I concluded that Verbatim discs are not compatible for some reason with my player.
    Also with all my original movies this problem never happened.
    I have ordered Panasonic 50GB discs to try and unfortunatelly I don't have another BD player to see if these Verbatim discs work appropriate...

Does anyone else has Denon DBP 2012 to tell me his experience?

If anyone can help me I would trully appreciate it,thank you...

*In another similar post of me,I had mentioned that ONLY in Verbatim copied movies most times the whole picture freezed and the reproduction wasn't able to go on,but I searched and found that I was not using the minimum writing speed but I was using the variable.When I changed it to the 2X speed the problem never occured again...
    Last edited by Iron Maiden UK; 2nd Nov 2013 at 04:35.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have used Verbatim 50 GB discs. My experience is limited because it's not possible for me to test on a lot of players, but yes, the 50 GB discs do have various playback problems on every BluRay player I have used. I think you will you have problems with the Panasonic discs and it's just the nature of the 50 GB discs to have problems. I believe that you will find that this problem is not a problem that only Verbatim has. It wouldn't surprise me if the Panasonic discs actually are worse.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Does anyone who faces freezing problems with 50GB BR discs during playback,found any solution?Most of my 50GB Verbatim (and Panasonic) freeze 10 minutes from the end of the movie!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Iron Maiden UK View Post
    10 minutes from the end of the movie!
    ....means crap media in DVD use.

How many years after the release of Blu Ray burners and media(?) and people wonder why I still have ZERO interest in taking the plunge?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Iron Maiden UK View Post
    Does anyone who faces freezing problems with 50GB BR discs during playback,found any solution?Most of my 50GB Verbatim (and Panasonic) freeze 10 minutes from the end of the movie!
    Well, in your edited first post you now say that burning at 2x speed fixes this problem, so why don't you just do that? I NEVER burn BD media at anything but 2x (LTH BD-R and BD-R DL) and a few times at 4x (for regular BD-R discs that support it).
    Quote Quote