VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i know its impossible to remove cinavia but i read that if i will reencode audio from DTS-HD to DTS i will remove it

this is TC and DC versions both versions r 22.5GB so i dont neeed reencode video but audio only

but can it remove cinavia that way?
    Quote Quote  
  2. nope. Cinavia watermarking can survive alot more that simple re-encoding from lossless to lossy format.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    how then they removed that in MKV reencoding?

and what can i do with BD i wana do BD25 .No remux.
    Quote Quote  
  4. cinavia CAN NOT BE REMOVED!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by asiafan View Post
    how then they removed that in MKV reencoding?
    It's not removed, as Atak_Snajpera says. Streaming media players that aren't licensed for BluRay playback, like the Western Digital line of players, are not required to recognize Cinavia. BluRay players are not currently required to honor Cinavia flags on non-BluRay formats like MKV. Do note that some BluRay players may honor Cinavia on DVD and yes, there are a few DVDs that use it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Talking about Cinavia on DVD means DVD format with Cinavia in the audio, not MKV burned to DVD discs. Just realized that my point was not 100% clear.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by asiafan View Post
    i know its impossible to remove cinavia but i read that if i will reencode audio from DTS-HD to DTS i will remove it

this is TC and DC versions both versions r 22.5GB so i dont neeed reencode video but audio only

but can it remove cinavia that way?
    It is important to understand - are you suffer form Cinavia currently (i.e. is your player detect Cinavia or not)? - this is important as not many players support DTS/DTS-HD decoding thus they not sense Cinavia per se - DTS is workaround for Cinavia - as most of the player not dupport DTS (DTS-HD) decoding, audio track is passed as orginal bistream to S/PIDF(HDMI) output - this stream is later decoded in AV receiver however AV Receiver (AV amplifier) usually have no information about Cinavia and nothing is blocked.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i got 2 blu ray players 1 is SONY and its stopping due cinavia
    2nd one is LG herre is diffrent u can watch but there r intervals amplifier is SONY

then other question what about original rental version is working in diffrences of untouched copy?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Different versions, different distribution model and different DRM rights (flags or categories).

And Looks like Sony can decode DTS (DTS-HD) thus recognize Cinavia - LG probably not also it looks like for Sony who is both - equipment provider and content provider, DRM like Cinavia are important. For LG or similar companies not (as Cinavia increase price of equipment) - my advise don't buy Sony players.

As Cinavia is coded in analog domain and currently there is no (open source) method to recognize protection and to remove protection only this can be advised - avoid Sony and similar behaving players.
    Quote Quote  
  10. In this party here we guys are talking about removing Cinavia right?
    If so, you must be knowing exact methods of Cinavia watermarking as well. If you really know how it works then there is not a single sucker that survives in very first re-encode.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by enim View Post
    In this party here we guys are talking about removing Cinavia right?
    If so, you must be knowing exact methods of Cinavia watermarking as well. If you really know how it works then there is not a single sucker that survives in very first re-encode.

Generally knowledge how Cinavia works is already known - small changes for audio signal phase for frequencies over 8kHz - small phase changes are decoded and based on this data bits are reconstructed - they trigger DRM.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i think only way is to replace cinavia audio with ac3 audio from NTSC dc version. I still dont have to reencode anything both versions are under 25gigs
    Quote Quote