VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone here knows how to enumerate the computer's currently installed DMO filters?
    I would like to make a application that enumerates all of the currently installed DMO filters.

I know this is possible as GraphEdit and GraphStudio next do it.

The reason I need this is that I work in a company that receives a lot of different types proprietary (CCTV) video on a daily basis.
    Many times the person sending me the video is not a very technical person, so I send him an app that exports all of the currently installed programs and DirectShow Filters (using "InstalledCodec"), and compare them to the ones our program uses to process that video on his computer, so that I can find the codecs and process the movie on my computer.

Now once in a while I receive a video which was processed using DMO filters, which unfortunately I found no way to enumerate them (yet).

Does anyone here have a clue on how to approach this?

Thanks ahead,
    -Bumps
    Quote Quote  
  2. Why not simply tell/ask the person to:
    1. Start->Run..->dxdiag
    2. Save All Information
    3. Send the whole 'DxDiag.txt' thing or just the 'DirectShow Filters' section?

other than that, I would recommend to check out the SourceCode of Graphstudio from their SVN, it should include the code you are looking for.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hmm I had no idea it also exports the installed codecs, thanks a bunch!
    Its just a shame that it does not include the CLSID but it should work for the mean time.

I'll have a look at the GraphStudio source anyway, I just hoped I woulden't have to go in there.

Thanks again,
    -Bumps
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you just need the names of the filters that are used for a specific file http://www.laganiere.name/directshowTut/section1.shtml and GSpot should both be able to display these (not sure if either cvision or GSpot has an export function)
    Quote Quote