VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello i am looking for an gui that convert jpg and mp3 to one mkv,in the past i had a small script with avisynth that let me drag the mp3 and jpg to the script,and it convert it to an h264 mkv.it was specially made for small 720p music video's.i thought it was called yourtube..but after a while i could never find the script on the internet again.
    i tried ffmpeg,but this program is way slower. can you maybe help me??
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just avisynth can't convert to h264. What did it use for the conversion? The x264 encoder command line?

How slow is ffmpeg? You can try different settings like use the ultrafast preset and constant quality encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Not exactly what you're looking for, but in case it helps...

I've used AviSynth to take JPG input and create a DVD compliant MPEG-2 file of a desired length when I wish to have a photo go along with a sound only track. Yes, I know that it is theoretically possible to just mux 1 JPG frame with an entire audio track, but that has never worked correctly with my tools and in these cases I just need to get it working as quickly as possible. I have no need to worry about the space involved. Anyway, here's what I use.

ImageSource("c:\photos\MyPhoto.jpg", end = 17000, fps = 23.976, use_DevIL = true)
    ConvertToYV12()

The number after "end" is your frame length. It's up to you to figure that out or calculate it. You may or may not wish to change the fps value. I am using progressive frames with 3:2 pulldown when making a DVD from a file like this. Replace "c:\photos\MyPhoto.jpg" with the full path and name of your JPG file. You could feed a script like this into MeGUI to get x264 video output. By the way, the ConverToYV12 line is necessary for DVD but I think not needed for x264.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Just avisynth can't convert to h264. What did it use for the conversion? The x264 encoder command line?

How slow is ffmpeg? You can try different settings like use the ultrafast preset and constant quality encoding.
    this is the command line in ffmpeg im using:

ffmpeg -loop 1 -i image.jpg -i audio.mp3 -shortest -c:v libx264 -preset ultrafast -c:a copy newvideo.mp4
    Quote Quote