VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello all,

I've got a Playsport ZX5 and wanted to know two things as I have not been able to find this information online.

1) Can I connect a microphone to my ZX5 to get better sound? If yes, is there anything special I need to look for in a mic to function properly with my camera?

2) Is there any way to connect the ZX5 to my laptop so that I can see the viewfinder screen on my laptop monitor? I have access to both mac and pc.

Thanks in advance.

Matt
    Quote Quote  
  2. Only if you're good with a drill and a soldering iron and can read schematics.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    appreciate the useful reply, smrpix...
    Quote Quote  
  4. You're welcome. You bought the wrong camera if that's what you're trying to do.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    well, it wasn't originally what i was trying to do when I bought the camera but i'd like to do some of that now and was wondering if it was possible. all you had to say was no
    Quote Quote  
  6. Actually, have you tried the HDMI out directly into a tv? If you can get a live picture that way while recording, an HDMI capture card may allow you to view it on your computer -- probably with a slight delay.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    i was going to try it but i can't find the HDMI cable for the camera at the moment, I'll have to wait until my wife gets home and give it a shot and let you know. thanks, now we're making progress.
    Quote Quote