VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy PlayOn and record Netflix! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys. I have an MPEG video clip that 7.23 gb. The play time on the clip is 1:26 but there's about 2 hours of wedding footage on the video. When I skip around the video in windows media player I can see clips from the whole wedding but playing it from the beginning it stops after 1:26.

Can I convert this video to stretch it out somehow?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by rad0909 View Post
    Can I convert this video to stretch it out somehow?
    Convert it? Convert it how, and to what?

Anyway, it sounds as if there may be a corruption of some sort at the point it stops. If you can put it it on the hard drive, you should able to open it in DGIndex and then File->Save Project. If it goes all the way through, you'll get the audio (check it for the correct length and what happens at the bad spot) and a D2V project file used in AviSynth scripts. Since you don't know any AviSynth, if the D2V creation goes well you could then open the DVD in a program such as AVS2DVD and have it reencode a fresh copy for you. But, it will reencode.

Another thing you might do is to demux the entire thing with DGIndex (File->Save Project and Demux Video) and then remux it to a new DVD using Muxman. Or into an MPG using Imago MPEG Muxer. Then test that one out to see if it plays past the 'bad' place (it should). Then, if it was from a DVD you can stick it back into the original DVD (getting back the menu) using VobBlanker. If it has chapters, they can be extracted using PGCEdit and then used in the Muxman reauthor. This way there will be no reencoding of the video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. OK thank you. I used DGIndex to create an audio mp3 and it played the whole audio clip. I have the AVS2DVD encoding the video right now it should be done in about 40 mins. Hopefully this gets me the video too.

I should add that the clip is just all the raw footage from the wedding
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by rad0909 View Post
    OK thank you. I used DGIndex to create an audio mp3...
    No you didn't. You may have used DGIndex to demux the audio from the MPG, but you used something else to convert it to MP3. From the DGIndex Manual:

Output Method

Use this option to control audio processing.
    • Disable - Disables audio processing.
    • Demux Tracks - Demultiplex (demux) the selected track(s).
    • Demux All Tracks - Demultiplex all the available audio tracks.
    • Decode AC3 Track to WAV - Decode the selected AC3 track to WAV.
    DGIndex can demultiplex the following types of audio: LPCM, AC3, MPA, DTS, AAC. (Emphasis mine - no mention of MP3)
    Only AC3 tracks can be decoded to WAV. Use an external audio utility, such as BeSweet, to decode other audio types.

Anyway, I think I probably would have tried my second option first because it doesn't require reencoding the video and would have been much faster. Good luck. Hope it works out for you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. well it demuxed it as an mp3
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    MP3 is not included in the DVD-Video spec, so it wouldn't have demuxed to mp3. Somewhere along the way, it got converted.

AFA your footage length: you might be having corrupted headers, corrupt indexing, or possibly a 4GB filesize limit corruption. Depends on what happened before/originally. What is the provenance of this file? Some of the above is fixable, some/much of it not, or possibly PARTIALLY fixable.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by rad0909 View Post
    well it demuxed it as an mp3
    Well, you're right and I apologize. I was going by what the manual said and had never tried it. I took an M2V video and MP3 audio, muxed them using Imago MPEG-Muxer and then used DGIndex to demux them. It worked

Cornucopia, he has an MPG, so the DVD specs don't apply here. I still didn't think it would work, but I was wrong.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    OK, nm.
    Quote Quote  
  9. well AVStoDVD got the video fixed. But it rendered it to DVD resolution and the original clip is 720p not really sure what to use now.....
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rad0909 View Post
    well AVStoDVD got the video fixed. But it rendered it to DVD resolution and the original clip is 720p not really sure what to use now.....
    Sorry man. Nobody here realized we needed to read minds. When you said "MPEG" they all thought you were talking about MPEG-2 and hence DVD. Maybe you meant you have MPEG-4 AVC but nobody here would call that "MPEG". We're kind of bad on the mind reading thing. And you are kind of skimpy on details. This is the first you've mentioned having 720p. I have no idea for sure what you really have or what you want to have nor do I care. I'm just pointing out that you need to prove more details if you think you want help.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by rad0909 View Post
    well AVStoDVD got the video fixed. But it rendered it to DVD resolution and the original clip is 720p not really sure what to use now.....
    That's why it's called AVS2DVD. If you want to keep the 720p video then try what I suggested earlier - demux using DGindex and File->Save Project File and Demux Video. Take the M2V video and MP3 audio and mux with Imago MPEG-Muxer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    2 hour video >> 720p >> 8 gig. You must be having a laff.

But prove me wrong. Post a mediainfo report of the vid. And if it really is 720p and do not want dvd quality then you could always try avidemux to do a stream copy which might fix it.
    Quote Quote  
  13. 1 hour vid sorry and yea it's 1280x720
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Btw, since when is 2="several"?

This doesn't sound like an original - 720p cam (Avchd) recordings are usually ~15-24Mbps. For 2 hours, that would equate to 21GB.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 6th Jun 2013 at 20:16.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Well when I created this thread like I said I couldn't view the whole video as it was only 1:26. All I could do was make an assumption that the raw footage would be about 2 hours. Turned out to be one hour when I got the video demuxed.

And jman98 the damn file says its an mpeg so thats why I called it that
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well even a 1 hour 8gig 720p is pretty poor.

But if you are unwilling to provide the basic information as requested you can hardly expect the basic help that is offered.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I also have a Tiff image sequence of the footage that's over 250gb but the quality is the same with either file :/ maybe it was just recorded on a piss poor camera
    Quote Quote