+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Hi all, just for your information, I am developing an ffmpeg batch converter for Windows, so you can have the convenience of a windows graphical interface, file listing, drag and drop and batch processing, while keeping total control of ffmpeg parameters. Only for advanced ffmpeg users. Free and open source, you can find it here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffmpeg-batch

Direct download: https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup.msi
    Looks useful! I added a download mirror, FFmpeg Batch.

Antivirus scanned: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/db0c9a72dfe650c1611cc02eae9016fd414ea1cd762bfb59b37...is/1512117415/

Thanks for your help. I have released a new version, with some bug fixes, better translation, default or custom output folder selection, as well as some audio features like volume change, shifting, graphical waveform.

https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup_1.02.msi

I think the most useful feature is the N-threads multi-file processing for audio conversion. Since all audio encoders are single-thread, by launching several files processes simultaneously you can take advantage of all your CPU cores, making audio encoding really fast, even faster than other professional applications like dBpoweramp or JRiver Media Center.

Cheers
    Abel
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    New version 1.05 with stream mapping and mkv multiplexing, single stream mapping and encoding.
    Basic features like the ones provided by the more powerful MKVToolNix.

https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup_1.05.msi

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    New version 1.05 with stream mapping and mkv multiplexing, single stream mapping and encoding.

Cheers
    Hey, thanks a lot for the software. It really works!

Can you help me with this task? I want to convert dts audio to ac3 so I can play it on my tv. Also, I want to remove all the extras audio tracks and leave only the main one. Is it possible?

The code I'm using right now is this:
    -vcodec copy -scodec copy -acodec ac3 -b:a 640k
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, there should be no problem doing that. Just go to the stream multiplex tab, open your video file, then double-click i, or right-click and add all streams to the tracks list.

Then remove the tracks and contents you don't want to mux, and in the audio track just add the audio coding parameters on the textbox: ac3 -b:a 640k

Note that -acodec or -c:a is not to be included, since it is already added when the track is not set to "copy. You can see it on the image below:

[Attachment 44109 - Click to enlarge]

Cheers

Originally Posted by cabbelo View Post

Cheers
    Hey, thanks a lot for the software. It really works!

Can you help me with this task? I want to convert dts audio to ac3 so I can play it on my tv. Also, I want to remove all the extras audio tracks and leave only the main one. Is it possible?

The code I'm using right now is this:
    -vcodec copy -scodec copy -acodec ac3 -b:a 640k
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Awesome. Thanks a lot and congrats again!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Isn't webm just a container? I want to only batch demux all .webm files and mux them as .mp4

Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes, both webm and mp4 are containers. The problem is: you probably want to convert webm to mp4 because your player doesn't support webm, correct? Chances are your player will not play the type of video and audio bitstreams typically found in webm (VP9, VP8, Opus, Vorbis) when remuxed to mp4. Your player will likely expect H.264/AVC and AAC in mp4 instead so you do need to convert the file. ffmpeg can do that but it will take a lot more time than just remuxing.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    That's it, webm supported video codecs are not supported by mp4, so transcoding of video, audio or both is mandatory, a long time process depending on the computer, number and size of files, etc., and quality will be degraded depending on the compression level you use, which may lead to even bigger files than the original, with slightly less quality.

If you just want to have a second playable everywhuere version of the videos while keeping the original webm as your main source, you may use the processing power of Google/YouTube and upload them hidden, so YouTube does the processing effort much faster keeping decent quality, and then use the option to download the processed videos as MP4 files.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Hello Aibel,
    would it be possible to modify "ffmpeg batch converter" in order to have the output path same as input path except for disk letter in an automatic way ? For example if input file has a path:
    D:\video\2009Aug29 Rome\
    have output path
    E:\video\2009Aug29 Rome\

I would like to maintain the original path (except for disk letter) since it indicates the timeline. In the output just a way to choose a new disk and the automatic path creation.

Many thanks
    Genu29
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    I'll look into it and let you know soon, I guess it should be feasible.

Originally Posted by Genu29 View Post
    Hello Aibel,
    would it be possible to modify "ffmpeg batch converter" in order to have the output path same as input path except for disk letter in an automatic way ? For example if input file has a path:
    D:\video\2009Aug29 Rome\
    have output path
    E:\video\2009Aug29 Rome\

I would like to maintain the original path (except for disk letter) since it indicates the timeline. In the output just a way to choose a new disk and the automatic path creation.

Many thanks
    Genu29
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you very much, I appreciate.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you very much, I appreciate.
    I have added a "Keep source path structure" checkbox, simply on Output path field, browse for the root folder of the drive of your choice and enable the new checkbox.

I hope it works as you need.
    Cheers
    Abel
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Hello Abel,
    really thanks, it works; in this way it would be easier for me to make these bunch of conversions.
    May I get more support about the ffmpeg settings (to have mp4 files) I should set for the type of files I would like to convert ?

1) .AVI-VHS
    VIDEO
    Format HuffYUV, Codec HFYU, 720x576 pixels, DAR 5:4, Frame rate 25.000 FPS, Standard PAL, Color space YUV,
    Chroma subsampling 4:2:2, Bit depth 8 bits, Scan type Interlaced
    AUDIO
    Format PCM, Bit rate mode Constant, Bit rate 1536 kb/s, 2 channels, Sampling rate 48.0 kHz, Bit depth 16 bits

FFMPEG
    -c:v libx264 -crf 20 -vf yadif -c:a aac -ac 2 -ar 48000 -ab 1536k

2) .AVI-DV
    VIDEO
    Format DV, Codec (dvsd), 720x576 pixels, DAR 4:3, Bit rate mode Constant, Frame rate mode Constant, Frame rate = 25.000 FPS
    Standard PAL, Color space YUV, Chroma subsampling 4:2:0, Bit depth 8 bits, Scan type Interlaced
    AUDIO
    Format PCM, Bit rate mode Constant, Bit rate 1 024 kb/s, 2 channels, Sampling rate 32.0 kHz, Bit depth 16 bits

FFMPEG
    -c:v libx264 -crf 20 -vf yadif -pix_fmt yuv420p -c:a aac -ac 2 -ar 32000 -ab 1024k

3) .MTS
    VIDEO
    Format AVC (Lite), Format profile High@L4, Bit rate mode Variable, 1280x720 pixels, DAR 16:9, Frame rate 25.000 FPS, Standard NTSC
    Color space YUV, Chroma subsampling 4:2:0, Bit depth 8 bits, Scan type Progressive
    AUDIO
    Format AC-3, Bit rate mode Constant, Bit rate 192 kb/s, 2 channels, Sampling rate 48.0 kHz, Bit depth 16 bits

FFMPEG
    -c:v copy -c:a copy

4) .MTS
    VIDEO
    Format AVC, Format profile High@L4.2, Bit rate mode Variable, 1920x1080 pixels, DAR 16:9, Frame rate 50.000 FPS, Color space YUV,
    Chroma subsampling 4:2:0, Bit depth 8 bits, Scan type Progressive
    AUDIO
    Format AC-3, Bit rate mode Constant, Bit rate 256 kb/s, 2 channels, Sampling rate 48.0 kHz, Bit depth 16 bits

FFMPEG (here I want to convert frame rate from 50 to 25)
    -c:v copy -r 25 -c:a copy
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Well, I'm not actually an ffmpeg expert, but I can give you some suggestions within my knowledge, check below:

Hello Abel,
    really thanks, it works; in this way it would be easier for me to make these bunch of conversions.
    May I get more support about the ffmpeg settings (to have mp4 files) I should set for the type of files I would like to convert ?

1) .AVI-VHS
    VIDEO
    Format HuffYUV, Codec HFYU, 720x576 pixels, DAR 5:4, Frame rate 25.000 FPS, Standard PAL, Color space YUV,
    Chroma subsampling 4:2:2, Bit depth 8 bits, Scan type Interlaced
    AUDIO
    Format PCM, Bit rate mode Constant, Bit rate 1536 kb/s, 2 channels, Sampling rate 48.0 kHz, Bit depth 16 bits

FFMPEG
    -c:v libx264 -crf 20 -vf yadif -c:a aac -ac 2 -ar 48000 -ab 1536k

Suggestion: -c:v libx264 -crf 20 -vf yadif -c:a aac -ac 2 -ab 320k
    Reason: Audio AAC compression is very efficient, so 320K is practically transparent. -ar parameter is not necessary in this case.

2) .AVI-DV
    VIDEO
    Format DV, Codec (dvsd), 720x576 pixels, DAR 4:3, Bit rate mode Constant, Frame rate mode Constant, Frame rate = 25.000 FPS
    Standard PAL, Color space YUV, Chroma subsampling 4:2:0, Bit depth 8 bits, Scan type Interlaced
    AUDIO
    Format PCM, Bit rate mode Constant, Bit rate 1 024 kb/s, 2 channels, Sampling rate 32.0 kHz, Bit depth 16 bits

FFMPEG
    -c:v libx264 -crf 20 -vf yadif -pix_fmt yuv420p -c:a aac -ac 2 -ar 32000 -ab 1024k
    Suggestion: -c:v libx264 -crf 20 -vf yadif -pix_fmt yuv420p -c:a aac -ac 2 -ab 256k

3) .MTS
    VIDEO
    Format AVC (Lite), Format profile High@L4, Bit rate mode Variable, 1280x720 pixels, DAR 16:9, Frame rate 25.000 FPS, Standard NTSC
    Color space YUV, Chroma subsampling 4:2:0, Bit depth 8 bits, Scan type Progressive
    AUDIO
    Format AC-3, Bit rate mode Constant, Bit rate 192 kb/s, 2 channels, Sampling rate 48.0 kHz, Bit depth 16 bits

FFMPEG
    -c:v copy -c:a copy

4) .MTS
    VIDEO
    Format AVC, Format profile High@L4.2, Bit rate mode Variable, 1920x1080 pixels, DAR 16:9, Frame rate 50.000 FPS, Color space YUV,
    Chroma subsampling 4:2:0, Bit depth 8 bits, Scan type Progressive
    AUDIO
    Format AC-3, Bit rate mode Constant, Bit rate 256 kb/s, 2 channels, Sampling rate 48.0 kHz, Bit depth 16 bits

FFMPEG (here I want to convert frame rate from 50 to 25)
    -c:v copy -r 25 -c:a copy
    In this last case, frame rate cannot converted without re-encoding video
    Suggestion: -c:v libx264 -crf 20 -c:a copy
    Last edited by Eibol; 3rd Feb 2018 at 18:12. Reason: Highlight reply
    Quote Quote  
  15. Great thread...THANK YOU!!!

2 questions about syntax. I'm currently using the following in a batch file and it works great (I modifed your batch convert mkv to mp4 files):

for %%a in ("*.*") do "c:\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe" -i "%%a" -metadata:s:v rotate=90 -vcodec copy -acodec copy "%%~na~90.mkv"
    pause

Question#1 - Is there a way to modify the output files section so it includes the entire filename including extensions and then my modifier in case I have different extensions of the same name so it doesn't want to overwrite duplicate files?
    For example right now in a directory I have:
    1.mkv
    1.mp4
    If I run my batch file it wants to generate two files both named 1~90.mkv whereas I'd like it to generate two files:
    1.mkv~90.mkv
    1.mp4~90.mkv

or another and better option is

Question#2 - Is there a way to modify the output files section to not include a filetype (remove the .mkv from my script) and therefore convert all the files in the directory to their same original name and filetype just with the modifier amended to the end of the file name thus essentially achieving the same goal as question number 1.
    Example:
    In a directory I have
    1.mkv
    1.mp4
    And after running the batch file the output would be
    1~90.mkv
    1~90.mp4

Thanks so much for any help if anyone can tell me this.
    Last edited by bmcelvan; 8th May 2018 at 11:59. Reason: Removed smiley faces from -metadata:s:v section of text
    Quote Quote  
  16. Aha, I figured it out!!

In case anyone else wants to know, change the "%%~na~90.mkv"

for Question #1 to:
    "%%~nxa~90.mkv"

for Question #2 to:
    "%%~na~90%%~xa"
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Great you solved it by yourself.
    I take note of your suggestions for the next version.

For the moment, with FFmpeg Batch you could check "Rename output", and "_FFB" is added to the file name automatically. I will add a text field so this can be customized.

Regarding keeping source extension, it is not possible yet, you could do it in two rounds, adding and processing all mkv and then clear the list and add the mp4 files. I will also allow to leave the Format field blank in next version, so extension is taken from source file.

Cheers

Originally Posted by bmcelvan View Post
    Aha, I figured it out!!

In case anyone else wants to know, change the "%%~na~90.mkv"

for Question #1 to:
    "%%~nxa~90.mkv"

for Question #2 to:
    "%%~na~90%%~xa"
    Last edited by Eibol; 8th May 2018 at 15:13. Reason: Additions
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Hello guys.

Im having huge difficulties with an encoding file/batch encoding multiple files at once from source audio file which is a WAV file to an MP3 lossy format. I want to do a very specific thing.

Is it possible with ffmpeg libraries to encode WAV file to MP3 320cbr stereo or joint stereo with build in libmp3lame/lavformat? Every time output file is encoded using lavc instead lavf. If not using ffmpeg maybe some other way, actually any way that's its available to use.

Somehow it must be possible because google play store encodes that way i supose.

The reason im asking here is that its whats foobar2000 player displays. I hope you will be able to help me out.

Please have a look at the file i have attached. Tool: lavf | This is what foobar2000 says.

Quote Quote  
  19. I don't see any problem. Why do you believe "Tool Lavf" is a problem? Do MediaInfo ("View"->"Text") or the ffmpeg log say the file is not being encoded using lame?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    Its my fault, i didnt express myself as i should.
    The file you see in the screenshot is some random file i obtained from google play (tool: lavf)
    What i want to know is how to encode a WAV file i extracted from CD to MP3, and encode it same way as google does.
    Quote Quote  
  21. You said you wanted to use the lame encoder. ffmpeg does offer that. Whether or not Google uses a different muxer or at least writes slightly different metadata doesn't change that.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Ok, so i want to encode wav file to mp3 exactly the same way as google play does.
    After i encode wav to mp3 i want to see Tool: lavf not lame 3.99...
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    If you convert to mp3 using for example this command: -c:a libmp3lame -b:a 224K
    You obtain this metadata:

Metadata:
    encoder : Lavf58.13.100
    Duration: 00:03:37.60, start: 0.025057, bitrate: 128 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Audio: mp3, 44100 Hz, stereo, fltp, 128 kb/s
    Metadata:
    encoder : Lavc58.19

Originally Posted by Antaro View Post
    Ok, so i want to encode wav file to mp3 exactly the same way as google play does.
    After i encode wav to mp3 i want to see Tool: lavf not lame 3.99...
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I often listen to conferences broadcast on youtube from which I extract the audio stream to listen to them while travelling
    I'm not sure I can manage to use ffmpeg batch for this task ... (extract audio aac from mp4)

In ffmpeg batch, I went to the the stream multiplex tab and remove the video tracks, then pressed 'Mux' button
    I get an error message because the video track is required for muxing

The code I'm manualy using is ffmpeg -i "video.mp4" -vn -acodec copy "audio.m4a"
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, the multiplex tab only allows to multiplex audio+video.
    In your case, if your files just cotain one video and audio track, you can simply use in the main tab the next configuration:

Parameters: -map 0:1 -c:a copy
    Format: m4a

[Attachment 46827 - Click to enlarge]

Originally Posted by kaskaï View Post
    Hi,
    I often listen to conferences broadcast on youtube from which I extract the audio stream to listen to them while travelling
    I'm not sure I can manage to use ffmpeg batch for this task ... (extract audio aac from mp4)

In ffmpeg batch, I went to the the stream multiplex tab and remove the video tracks, then pressed 'Mux' button
    I get an error message because the video track is required for muxing

The code I'm manualy using is ffmpeg -i "video.mp4" -vn -acodec copy "audio.m4a"
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Of course ! Oh yes, it works !
    Thanks for your help and congratulations for the software
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    Hi all
    please help edit my bat file because it doesn’t create a video from pictures, but overwrites it
    Code:
    @echo off
    set work_dir=d:\mp4
    for /d %%B in (%work_dir%\*) do (
    for %%C in ("%%B\*") do ffmpeg -f image2 -i "%%C" "%%B.mp4")
    thanks in advance
    [Attachment 47427 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  28. Iam trying to do a 2pass batch encode using example given earlier in this thread:

Code:
    for %%a in ("*.mp4") do ffmpeg -y -i "%%a" -c:v h264 -b:v 2500k -pass 1 -f mp4 NUL

for %%a in ("*.mp4") do ffmpeg -y -i "%%a" -c:v h264 -b:v 2500k -pass 2 -c:a copy "encoded\%%~na.mp4"

pause

DEL "*.temp"
    DEL "*.mbtree"
    DEL "*.log"
    First it runs all the 1st passes for given files, continuously overwriting .log .mbtree .temp files (see below), and then encodes all the files using the last generated files:

Code:
    ffmpeg2pass-0
    ffmpeg2pass-0.log
    NULL
    So basically i encoded all the files using 1st pass information of the last file he analyzed?
    For the sake of it did a 2pass encode as single file and got different file size and bitrate graph.
    Please advice, not an ffmpeg user here

EDIT:

The use of brackets is the answer:

Code:
    for %%a in ("*.mp4") do (
    ffmpeg -y -i "%%a" -c:v h264 -b:v 2500k -pass 1 -f mp4 NULL
    ffmpeg -y -i "%%a" -c:v h264 -b:v 2500k -pass 2 -c:a copy "encoded\%%~na.mp4"
    )
    Last edited by T0tum; 25th Dec 2018 at 04:44.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    I need help to complete de batch file.

I tried many segments of code but they dont work.

I need to convert specific videos in a external disk directory with subfolders with ffmpeg.

Ffmpeg is installed on windows 10 and working.

I can convert individual videos one at a time, but cant delete de original after conversion.

I have two entire hds to convert, can you help me?

Thanks in advance,

Rui Canizes

Code:

dir/b/s "x:\videos\*.avi" >filelist.txt

for /F "delims=;" %%F in (filelist.txt) do "c:\program files\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -i "%%F" -c:a aac -b:a 128k -c:v libx264 -crf 23 "%%~dF%%~pF%%~nF.mp4"

del filelist.txt
    Last edited by canizes; 1st Mar 2019 at 14:59.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Code:
    del filelist.txt
    Will delete the file "filelist.txt", not the files listed in filelist.txt.

Try something like:
    Code:
    dir/b/s "x:\videos\*.avi" >filelist.txt

for /F "delims=;" %%F in (filelist.txt) do (
        "c:\program files\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -i "%%F" -c:a aac -b:a 128k -c:v libx264 -crf 23 "%%~dF%%~pF%%~nF.mp4"
        del "%%F"
    )

del filelist.txt
    But it's dangerous. This would delete the file even if the conversion fails for some reason. To provide at least some security you would check ffmpeg's error code or check size of resulting file of similar. Proceed with great caution. (I haven't even tested it.)
    Quote Quote