VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm new to Blu-ray and DVD burning. I have a blu ray burner. What I'm looking to do is burn multiple movies onto 1 blu-ray disc. I will mostly play them in a PS3, but I would like it to work on any blu-ray player.

I have multiAVCHD 4.1. Most of my files are .mp4 format. I tried burning 1 movie and it's fine. However, the files are less than 2GB and it's a waste of space. I tried using it to burn 2 movies with a simple menu to choose between the two, and it was ok. When I tried to do 6 movies, for a total of about 10 GB, it said it would take about 1 hour 15 minutes to encode. Then at 85% it got stuck. I gave it another 1/2 hour to see if anything changed, but it seemed to be frozen so I cancelled.

Is there a faster way to do this, or am I doing it wrong? I thought the PS3 and most blu-ray players understood MP4, so do I have to encode it? Is there a simpler method than what I'm doing? Again, I just want to take several movies and put them onto 1 disc, with a main menu that lets you choose which file to play.

Thanks. ^_^
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Speed is very much dependent on your computer and whether any files have to be re-encoded. I can't comment on your perceived lockup since there is not enough info to say anything.

One thing you should be aware of is that when you burn the BD disc either as a BD format or an AVCHD make sure you specify UDF 2.5. If you burn as UDF 1.02 it may play on some BD players but it won't play on your PS3. I learned that when I used BurnAware Free which although I selected and it said it was burning as UDF 2.5 it was defaulting to udf 1.02. The disc played on my standalone BD player but I had to burn another disc using IMGBurn to get it to play on the PS3 so I suggest you use IMGBurn also.
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have IMGBurn and I do use UDF 2.5.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can also try avchdcoder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why the bump? Baldrick gave you the easiest and BEST solution to your request.
    Jeeze at least try it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I will try avchdcoder. My next question is what kind of transcode/burn times are average? If I just burn the movie as a file it's extremely fast, but about how long does it take to encode? Are we talking about hours?
    Quote Quote