VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hey guys, First off I have a relitively new Lenovo Laptop. And i could always watch all my movies or tv shows online without a problem i could have 10 tabs going youtube, 1channel, project free tv, facebook.. and it would always be fast, i could literally throw on a show from ch131.so watch it without having to pause and wait for it to load up until 2 days ago, now i can hardly get through a youtube video, and when i throw on a tv show i gotta wait an hour for it to load nearly and when i press play the scenes jump around, the audio plays fine but the picture just keeps jumping.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is your Internet connection otherwise still fine?

What player are you using?

What happened 2 days ago?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Internet connection should be the same nothing/nobody has been here to mess with anything and i only usually ever use the gorilla vid or putlocker links.. nothing happened two days ago i just got off work and noticed it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Probably best to start with the online portion by going to the internet and search for Speed Test and try several and see what your throughput is. If it's okay then try your downloads. If you still seem slow you can use Process Monitor and let it run a few minutes as you try downloads, then stop the trace and look at the summary activity report. It will let you know if something is using your CPU time.

You can double click on just about anything and mouse over for additional info. It was freeware when I downloaded it and it's pretty good at ferreting out programs that hog a system as well as slow hard drives. Below shows my computer with not much running since I just booted up and did a coupled things. Mostly the Disk activity.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_08 May. 25 23.23.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	18027
    If all this checks out okay them be aware that a drive going bad with multiple retries will slow you down but since your Lenovo is 'Relatively' new it 'probably' isn't the problem. Make sure you weren't running off a weak battery (they can cause slowdown also) and that it isn't just a glitch in your internet service or Microsoft or Antivirus updating.

Last but not least make sure (and I have seen this many, many, MANY times) that no one in your household loaded a favorite software
    on it along with the junk that sometimes comes with it when you take the Express install option.
    Last edited by Budman1; 25th May 2013 at 23:43. Reason: Spelling
    Quote Quote