VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an h264 (TS) file which lacks information on fps, and hence I cannot load it to VideoReDo for cutting and chaptering. It's not a problem of the container but the video stream itself. I googled, and tried several tools, including h264info (produced even more weird stream), and modified ffmpeg but no luck.

So, do you know if anything like DVDPatcher exists for h264 to correct the file without reconverting it? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Another option might be setting the fps in tsmuxer, and remuxing back into ts
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, tied, and no: it doesn't write the info into h264 file
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can try muxing elementary stream with mp4box - fps must be specified when muxing elementary streams (or try one of the guis like yamb, mym4boxgui)

There are other reasons why files won't load into videoredo - are you sure it's the stream fps ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Muxing won't resolve the problem because the video file still will have no proper header but the container. I can mux it with mkv, however, like original ts, at some points video players have issues with smooth playing and quick forwarding.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by noemi7 View Post
    Muxing won't resolve the problem because the video file still will have no proper header but the container. I can mux it with mkv, however, like original ts, at some points video players have issues with smooth playing and quick forwarding.
    problems with smooth playing and "quick fowarding" usually have nothing to do with fps specified in the header

if by "quick fowarding" you mean seek issues - that's usually from long gop lengths
    Quote Quote