VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. I agree that if 'No Audio' + 'Video->Lock FS' is the same as 'No Audio' + 'Overall Size Lock', but even if the over all size is locked one should be able to adjust in example Frame rate to see which frame rate will result in which average bit rate.

I agree that if 'Video->Lock FS' + 'Overall Size Lock' is enabled the 'Total Audio Bitrate' is not allowed to change but the audio bit rate for different streams with different bit rates should still be able to change,....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    I agree that if 'No Audio' + 'Video->Lock FS' is the same as 'No Audio' + 'Overall Size Lock', but even if the over all size is locked one should be able to adjust in example Frame rate to see which frame rate will result in which average bit rate.

I agree that if 'Video->Lock FS' + 'Overall Size Lock' is enabled the 'Total Audio Bitrate' is not allowed to change but the audio bit rate for different streams with different bit rates should still be able to change,....
    Then, control of program will be very hard and open of invalid results.

Video->Lock FS disables the whole Video section, shouldn't one be able to:
    - change the Frame rate which should then change Bitrate and Quality Factor ?
    - change the Width&Height which should then change the Quality Factor ?
    - change the File size indication type Byte,...MB, GB.. ?

Yes, be able to. I will look these.
    I look this issue, and only "change the File size indication type Byte,...MB, GB.. ?" is be able to.

Impossible calculate "Bitrate" or "Quality Factor" from "Width", "Height" and "FPS" values with fixed file size. At least, impossible for me. If someone know how to calculate this, and show me, then I will be able to add this feature.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Impossible calculate "Bitrate" or "Quality Factor" from "Width", "Height" and "FPS" values with fixed file size. At least, impossible for me.
    Yes you additionally would need the length.
    If someone know how to calculate this, and show me, then I will be able to add this feature.
    Assuming your 'Quality Factor' = bits per pixel:
    and you got:
    a. a file size (in bit) FSIZE
    b. width W and height H (each in pixel)
    c. frame rate (in frames per second) FPS
    d. a length (in seconds) LENGTH
    the file would have: LENGTH*FPS*WIDTH*HEIGHT pixels (=PIXELS)

So the bit per pixel would be FSIZE/PIXELS.
    -> bps = FISZE/(LENGTH*FPS*WIDTH*HEIGHT)

Then, control of program will be very hard and open for invalid results.
    Okay, if it's to hard for you to detect and protect against invalid results, I just was wondering why the program is the way it is atm.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Impossible calculate "Bitrate" or "Quality Factor" from "Width", "Height" and "FPS" values with fixed file size. At least, impossible for me.
    Yes you additionally would need the length.
    If someone know how to calculate this, and show me, then I will be able to add this feature.
    Assuming your 'Quality Factor' = bits per pixel:
    and you got:
    a. a file size (in bit) FSIZE
    b. width W and height H (each in pixel)
    c. frame rate (in frames per second) FPS
    d. a length (in seconds) LENGTH
    the file would have: LENGTH*FPS*WIDTH*HEIGHT pixels (=PIXELS)

So the bit per pixel would be FSIZE/PIXELS.
    -> bps = FISZE/(LENGTH*FPS*WIDTH*HEIGHT)

Then, control of program will be very hard and open for invalid results.
    Okay, if it's to hard for you to detect and protect against invalid results, I just was wondering why the program is the way it is atm.
    Maybe I am wrong, but when use this equation, then nothing change.

Example:

1 hour video (1280x720 23.976 fps)

QF = 0.11 => Bitrate = 2431 kbps => Video File Size = 1093950000 byte

If Lock "Video File Size" and change "Width = 320, Height = 240":

QF = (1093950000 * 8) / (3600 * 23.976 * 320 * 240) = 1.32

Bitrate = (320 * 240 * 23.976 * 1.32) / 1000 = 2431

And always bitrate nothing change. That is to say, if video file size fixed, then bitrate cannot change...

And same thing for "Audio Bitrate".
    Quote Quote  
  5. "And always bitrate nothing change. That is to say, if video file size fixed, then bitrate cannot change..."
    -> yes, if the length and the file size does change neither can the bit rate,..
    The point is that the bps value is another matter, because it will also change if either the resolution or the frame rate changes,..
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    "Bitrater 1.2 Beta 6" version released.
    Last edited by Hikmet; 4th Jun 2013 at 04:48.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,,If your calculator used the correct aspect ratios determined by bits per pixel (anything above 0.250 bits per pixel is perfect IMO) you could dump most of the other settings on your calculator..Selur is correct in what hes trying to tell you..I really appreciate what your trying to achieve here and you fellas know alot more then me,,but as a laymen I know what calculations should be after 17 years of encoding files and I have used many calculators over the years..The only one that was really thought out but has not been updated since 2005 was this one https://www.videohelp.com/tools/Aspect-2 If anyone could make this the foundation for a modern version no other calculators would ever be needed again..Thanks and keep up the good work...~
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by RappinRod View Post
    Hello,,If your calculator used the correct aspect ratios determined by bits per pixel (anything above 0.250 bits per pixel is perfect IMO) you could dump most of the other settings on your calculator..Selur is correct in what hes trying to tell you..I really appreciate what your trying to achieve here and you fellas know alot more then me,,but as a laymen I know what calculations should be after 17 years of encoding files and I have used many calculators over the years..The only one that was really thought out but has not been updated since 2005 was this one https://www.videohelp.com/tools/Aspect-2 If anyone could make this the foundation for a modern version no other calculators would ever be needed again..Thanks and keep up the good work...~
    Program cannot need all values. Goal, calculate bitrate value on all situations. If you enter QF = 0.25, then calculate bitrate. All combo box useable like textbox. Cannot limited by list values.

"Aspect Ratio" config maybe will add next version. In your example program, user cannot change QF. But, QF is constant value for video quality. Example, I'm usually use 0.11 QF for H264 encode (if no noise). And this QF value always help me calculate true bitrate value for my need. And in program, user cannot change width, height, or anything, only can select in list. This is not true way for me.
    Last edited by Hikmet; 4th Jun 2013 at 05:05.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Program cannot need all values.
    Doesn't have to, instead of a ComboBox for Quality Factor, you could use a DoubleSpinBox and a Label which indicates your personal evaluation texts? This way all values in in the Range of the DoubleSpinBox Min/Max would be possible,...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Program cannot need all values.
    Doesn't have to, instead of a ComboBox for Quality Factor, you could use a DoubleSpinBox and a Label which indicates your personal evaluation texts? This way all values in in the Range of the DoubleSpinBox Min/Max would be possible,...
    No, I don't plan use SpinBox. I designed pogram like this.

Thank you for this idea.
    Quote Quote  
  11. No, problem I just thought this would solve the "cannot need all values"-problem.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    No, problem I just thought this would solve the "cannot need all values"-problem.
    I only add nedded controls (my think) on program and main purpose, meet to general necessaries. Maybe on future will add some features...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Thank You for helping me out,,quality factor is bits per pixel in your calculator (it was staring me right in the face lol) and I am glad I can change your values because it seems your default guality and the dropdown values are based on finished file size..As I stated before any value under 0.250 bits per pixel and that is after all overhead is factored in does not give you a good enough finished quality file in my opinion..And I hope you make good on incorporating a good set of aspect ratios or a optimum width and height based on video length,bits per pixel and audio overhead..The program as it stands right will serve me well for all my video calculations....THANKS...~
    Quote Quote  
  14. Thanks for sharing your knowledge, creating this excellent program
    Quote Quote