VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have unedited videos in different formats, from different countries - getting close to 12 TB.
    I edit them, sync the audio, join them, encode them and output mostly into mp4 formats for youtube and other live websites. I use adobe premiere cs6.
    When I initially started doing this, for WEBSITE no1, I had to put their logo, their intro video, etc, and output it and upload to their cdn or yourubt/vimeo. I would alternatively save the final mp4 files on my hard drives. Also I would save the original files and also the adobe premiere project files.
    I initially had a 2TB HDD, then got a a few more, then got a few more 3TB. I had to move around the files and therefore all the project files and media files are messed up.
    The websiteno.1 is now being phased out and I need to create new mp4 videos with new logo, watermarks, intro, etc. I believe I have to go through the painful process of editing them as I did in the beginning - which I plan to do.
    But this time, I want to be smarter and have a method of saving the full content - without the watermarks, logos, etc. so that I can reuse them again for website no.3 and youtbe channelno. 16, etc. I dont think just saving the adobe project files, and keeping all the media int he same folders is the best solution. Or is it?

What would be the best format to save it to, so that I can get the file back into adobe, and then for each website just add the logos and intro etc... Do I still keep the original files from the camcorder? What would be the best solution / workflow?

Original files are in various formats - mts, avchd, mp4, etc... many are in different sizes, resolutions, fps, with audio, without audio, etc...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You are just now asking this?

Where do I start?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. I never knew this whole thing would become this huge. I am not a professional by no means. This is all for a church ministry I am a part of. Since out of the group, I was more technically inclined - it kinda fell on me. And I just went along.
    Now, I am loosing sleep over it, as all eyes are on me... I don't give up easily, I am not lazy and I don't mind doing things over. I have learned my mistakes and I don't want to repeat it.

Thanks in advance...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Church?
    Quote Quote