VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Im capturing long videos and from time to time, when i hit the stop button for end the capture proccess, i dont get the window asking for the final filename. The main capture window stays still some time and then it shows itself as ready to capture again as if i putted the filename. The thing is the file is created, but when i try to import it it says damaged or unsupported format. Some other times (the most) this filename window does apperar and when i define the name and hit ok, i can see in Finder that the file that was beeing created generates a thumb, that de "corrupt" file doesnt ever get to generate because i think its not "closed", but i dont understand the inner proccess so its just a guess.
    So the thing is, is there a way to fix this file? its 2hr capturing and its not the first time it happens, so id be very grateful if you can help me.
    Thanks in advance

System: Macbook Pro i7 2.6ghz 16gb ram 512gb ssd OSX 10.8.3 w/updates
    Capture: Sharp HI8 camera > AVT-8710 > Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt > Premiere CS6 > JPEG Compression
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no answers?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by federomano View Post
    no answers?
    That may be because most of us use Windows and not OSX, so you might do better if you PM a moderator and ask to move this thread to the Mac forum, where someone is more likely to know which tools can fix a corrupt/broken file on an OSX system.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What container? Mp4/m4a, mov?

Try open with mpeg streamclip and avidemux.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick! thanks for your answer. Im recording in QuickTime JPEG, its not uncompressed but its still QuickTime.
    MPEG Streamclip says first "unrecognized filetype", and 2 options, Close and Open Anyway, i hit Open Anyway and after the analysis, it says "Cant find video or audio tracks"
    Avidemux says "Cannot find a demuxer for Untitled Clip 05.mov"
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quicktime=mov. Maybe try video repair tool or mp4repair.org but they aren't free...I don't know any other free methods.
    Quote Quote