VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57941257/Test%20Files/Rumble%20Noise%20Raw%202002.zip

I have some short WAV samples above they're from a poor quality VHS-to-DVD conversion. Preferably could someone with Adobe Audition/Sound Forge help me with this please but I'll take any any help I can get.

Before Noise reduction.wav

"After hiss Noise Reduction but haven't done swirling noise removal yet.wav": In this you can hear some entrance music before a match starts then you hear part of a match. The audio sounds fine to me apart from the match where you can hear a swirling noise (don't know how else to describe it) on the bottom of the spectrum. I would like to remove that noise without destroying the music quality.

Hiss Removal Sample for Noise Print.wav
    Swirling Removal Sample for Noise Print.wav
    . This was taken from samples from many files. Whenever I heard a swirling noise without any spoken audio I selected it in the bottom of the spectrum and copied to this file. This is what's causing the loss of quality problem because I cannot find a way to select just that swirling noise without also selecting the audio I want to keep.

In Audition I captured the Hiss Removal sample for a noise print and from default noise reduction settings I did 100% Noise Reduction at 30dB "Reduce by" on the whole file to get rid rid of this hiss. I then captured the swirling sample for a noise print then did 100%, 100% on the whole file to get rid of the swirling noise. The problem though, is that it lowers the music quality. Is there any way I can remove the swirling noise without lowering the music quality or a way to minimize the quality loss. Or Is there any way to tell the program to NOT do noise reduction on music?
    Last edited by VideoFanatic; 10th May 2013 at 04:54.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hehe, you're being rather picky. what you have that shows up in your noise prints is at such a low db it's inaudible in the audio. ground loop 60cyle feedback from a bad mic maybe. have you tried just fixing the level with a compressor? it's about 5db too low and using a compressor with 5db gain will reduce the presence of low level noises.
    Image Attached Files
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks but it's not inaudible as you can hear in the "After hiss Noise Reduction but haven't done swirling noise removal yet" file. The swirling noise sample I provided was obtained from other files. In those files, whenever I heard a swirling noise without any spoken audio I selected it in the bottom of the spectrum and copied to the swirling noise print file. That noise print file works on any file with swirling noises to remove the noise but it also destroys the music quality which I'm trying to prevent.

I listened to your file but it still has the swirling noise. Could you please try again on the "After hiss Noise Reduction but haven't done swirling noise removal yet.wav" file. Or could you please give me instructions on how to do it myself.
    Quote Quote