VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thread
  1. hi all i recently recorded some video via iphone 4 when exported to usb flash drive and play in my samsung smart tv the video rotated 90 degrees to left when playing it on PC or saasung smart tv,make it hard to view. Is there any quick fix for this problem ? i tried to play it in my laptop via vlc player and it still it rotated 90 degrees to left when playing it on my PC.I prefer a solutions that doesn't requiring re trans-coding.

    I wonder VLC can fix this so that i just connect my laptop to tv via hdmi and view it from there ?
    Last edited by spiderMan007; 9th May 2013 at 07:14.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You must mean rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. Yes, if your laptop has HDMI or DVI output you can hook it up to your TV and use VLC to rotate the frame during playback.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You must mean rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. Yes, if your laptop has HDMI or DVI output you can hook it up to your TV and use VLC to rotate the frame during playback.
    thanks for reply. Can you tell me how in VLC i can rotate during playback ?

    furthermore, can you mention any permanent solution without quality loss and size change so i be able to play it via usb in samsung tv ?
    Last edited by spiderMan007; 9th May 2013 at 07:24.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by spiderMan007 View Post
    Can you tell me how in VLC i can rotate during playback ?
    Add the rotate filter and set it to 90 or 270 degrees. Tools -> Preferences (enable All button at bottom left) -> Video -> Filters -> Rotate.

    Originally Posted by spiderMan007 View Post
    furthermore, can you mention any permanent solution without quality loss and size change so i be able to play it via usb in samsung tv ?
    Some containers support rotation options but it's not likely the player in a TV would respond to that. You'll have to reencode the video after rotating.
    Quote Quote  
  5. jagabo what software do i need to easily rotate and re encode ?
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads