VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, anybody know any free capture software for video capture cards that allow to use external directshow filters besides kmplayer and potplayer? Thanks for any good replies.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Best Free capture software for directshow is virtualdub.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can one use external directshow filters within it though?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    follow the link scroll down and around the screenshot you'll see all the filters for it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    those are not directshow filters, those can be only used within virtualdub?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, this is all I use for my capturing and it works I find it the best free program. There is a directshow filter in the list so idk what you need to do.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i want to use 3rd party directshow filters with a video card capture program. Virtualdub filters are not really directshow filters, as they only work within virtualdub
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    3rd party direct show filters like, for instance? What kind of capture filters? If you mean denoisers and sharpeners, forget it. They make captures look like doo-doo. Filters usually in use during real-time capture are brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, which are all fast-acting filters. Any denoiser or sharpener worth its salt is too slow and too sophisticated for real-time capture. And if you trying to do that with interlaced source, you're 'way off track.

What direct show 3rd party filters did you have in mind? As far as I know, all but a few of VirtualDub's filters are from 3rd party concerns. Somebody probably makes or sells what you're looking for, but we need more information from you.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 28th Mar 2014 at 19:32.
    Quote Quote