VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I used to re-author my blurays to keep the main movie and language/sub. However blurays which containing the 2D and 3D version, I don't know how to rip the 2D version and leave the 3D. I'm using tsmuxer and clownbd, tried with both but doesn't work as a normal 2D bray.
    Last edited by davidbowie; 5th May 2013 at 14:39.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I do not know for certain that this will work, as I do not mess with 3D blu ray, but this process is the first thing I'd try. BD Rebuilder normally gives you a 2D output from a 3D movie.

Rip the entire blu ray to the hard drive as an image using AnyDVD HD. Then mount the ISO image file in a virtual drive like Slysoft's Virtual CloneDrive (free). Use BD Rebuilder in its normal mode (not the new 3D modes that are available) and re-encode to the size that you want. You can select main movie backup and whichever subtitles and language streams you like. If you do not want to re-encode the video itself, add FORCE_NOENCODE=1 to your INI file, or set a custom output size that is larger than your original movie.

You can get to the INI file by clicking File-->View/Edit Config File within the main window of BD Rebuilder.
    Quote Quote  
  3. thx for the help, I've tried BD Rebuilder is it true the output is compressed? I just want to get the 2d version out of the full Bray. Is there any other easy method to do that?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I gave you a method to prevent compression in my first reply. Put the FORCE_NOENCODE=1 line in your INI (Config) file, and BD Rebuilder will not re-encode the video and will ignore output size. If you put a check mark in the box to keep HD audio in Setup, the audio will remain unchanged as well.

If you ever want to use BD Rebuilder to do compression, you'll need to remove the FORCE_NOENCODE=1 line, because it will stay there until you take it out manually.

I'm hoping that BD Rebuilder will simply select the correct MPLS file to make the 2D version.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Note, davidbowie, that when an app like BDRB says "no compression", it means no FURTHER compression or no RECOMPRESSION. The source is already highly compressed and will remain so.

I would seriously try what Kerry56 suggested, first. Then, if that still doesn't work. Use 3DBDBuster, or similar 3DBD-based ripper/converter, as those often give plain 2D as one of their output options (in addition to the various 3D variations).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. This thread piqued my curiosity, so I tried it on a locked 3D BD. Of course the 2D version is in there, I mean one of those discs that lock out 2D playback. Like in those damned box sets with 3D and 2D BDs, a DVD, and a digital copy.

Guess what? Clown_BD extracted main movie, 2D, just fine. I should think BDRB would work as well, but I didn't bother trying it. To the OP: are you certain you didn't make a mistake somewhere?

Then there are, hmm, what do you call them? Dual versions, unlocked versions? Like Dredd 3D; the 2D version will play on a standalone. I backed that one up as well, some time ago.

[EDIT] I should add that I was running a driver-level decrypter in the background. DVDFabPasskey to be specific, though ANYDVDHD is very similar. If you were using DVDFab and ripping to hard drive first, you may just have a bad rip.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote