VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I've been using Freemake Video Converter many times now, and so far I am quite pleased with its ease-of-use and results.
    But recently I discovered that there are two executables "FreemakeVC.exe" and "FreemakeVideoConverter.exe" in the program folder, which struck me as odd.
    • Both appear to be starting Freemake Video Converter all right.
    • But they differ in File size as well as File version number.
    • Executing FreemakeVideoConverter.exe, briefly opens a splash-window (stating version 4.0.0) and then starts FreemakeVC.exe.
      Once FreemakeVC.exe is started properly, FreemakeVideoConverter.exe is closed down again.
      Ultimately only FreemakeVC.exe remains in the ProcessExplorer list of active processes.
    • Executng FreemakeVC.exe skips the splash screen altogether.
    And so I come up to the question "Do we really need a full extra executable for a simple splash screen only or is there more going on?"
    Maybe I'm a bit too suspicious, but for now I've adapted my Start menu shortcuts to point to FreemakeVC.exe
    Quote Quote  
  2. I think it's an installer check. I tried making a portable of it for my USB and one of them (can't remember which) prevents the program running if the DLL libraries are not located in their expected place.
    Quote Quote