VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This is such an annoying problem! I am literally about to cry. -_-

This is ruined so many of my videos, and i have tried everything! I am literally willing to PAY! anyone who can fix this.

When previewing a video, it looks just fine, but when rendered, I get this annoying flash whenever there is an annoying flicker wherever there is multiple layers (text, fades, etc.)

http://s1021.photobucket.com/user/jasoncher/media/10thVideoSinginginPublicSuckySongsVe...35618.mp4.html
    At 0:25

That is just a short clip of what i am rendering.

Whenever i render a longer file, i get even more.

This is so irritating.

Please, someone! I will PAY whoever can help me fix this!

I am using Sony Vegas Pro 11 64BIT.

I used Sony Vegas Pro 12 64BIT before, and i thought downgrading would help.
    I've tried tons of render settings.

Computer Specs : i5-3550, AMD Radeon 7950 (Yes drivers are updated), 32GB ram.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    There is no flicker in your video. Perhaps you're using the wrong term.

Your video has jerky motion and both lost and duplicated frames. You've given no information about your original source. You haven't indicated what you want for your final output (if you plan on standard BluRay and/or AVCHD, your video is not compatible with either standard. But that depends on your final purpose). The average bitrate for your video is in MediaInfo as an average (very low) 1131 kbps. Have you heard of the terms macroblock distortion and banding? Your video has serious levels of those.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The original source is from a Canon t4i (1920 x 1088) 29 FTS, Data rate : 54160kbps, Total bitrate 46697, QuicktimeMovie.
    I plan on having it just a 1080P video for youtube, i've tried Windows Media Video, as well as Sony Video.
    I have not heard of the term macroblock disortion and banding.

How do i fix this? I will literally pay you. :/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How fast is your internet connection? Can't you just upload the original video file directly to youtube and let it reencode it?

It won't necessarily be the best possible quality since youtube does its own rendering but it should keep it relatively clean. Just follow youtubes upload procedures.

Actually I don't know anything about your particular camera but lots of cameras these days are youtube ready as in just send it to youtube and it will be all set.

- edit and if you are trying to add stuff to it like it seems you could redownload the converted video after youtube gets it youtube ready with one of any number of youtube video downloaders and then you can edit that file. Again not the best method but it would work.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Its not the internet, it flickers before uploading.
    When playing the footage in vegas i have no problem, but when rendered, it flickers... :/ This is so frustrating.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Use a higher bitrate exporting out of vegas

The internet version you have is re-encoded at a low bitrate , with low quality settings, that's why you get "keyframe" popping . The metadata says FlixEngineLinux_8.0.17.2 (www.on2.com) - so it's your webhost or webpage's fault

But even if you have a good quality render out of vegas, it's going to look like crap after it's re-encoded . You should host original videos if you can , or get your web guy to fix things on your webpage. Even youtube has higher bitrate, higher quality encoding than this

I get this annoying flash whenever there is an annoying flicker wherever there is multiple layers (text, fades, etc.)
    I don't see specifically where this is , maybe because the whole video has problems (sorry but it does) , which flicker are you talking about specifically when you say this ? There might be multiple things going on

EDIT: ok I see what you mean, around 29-30 seconds in, when the fish "swims" in. There are glitches - this is the problem you're referring to, not the other problems . For this one, try disabling GPU acceleration in vegas - it's known to cause problems like this
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 21st Apr 2013 at 01:37.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Again, the problem is not only on the website (I just uploaded it to photobucket for you guys to see it).

The problem is with Sony Vegas.

When viewing the rendered FILE it still flickers :/
    Quote Quote  
  8. I will try the GPU acceleration disable method right now. Will tell you if it works.
    If it does, ill send you a few bucks through paypal
    Quote Quote  
  9. Oh my gosh! ::ALSDKA:SLDK:ASLKD:ASLKD":LK
    Im speechless. I have been trying to figure this out for months, and you figured it out. "Disable GPU Acceleration"!

Do you have a paypal account? If so, whats your email. I would like to send you a few bucks in return! Thank you so much!!!!!LKJASLDKJ
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Jasoncher View Post
    Oh my gosh! ::ALSDKA:SLDK:ASLKD:ASLKD":LK
    Im speechless. I have been trying to figure this out for months, and you figured it out. "Disable GPU Acceleration"!

Do you have a paypal account? If so, whats your email. I would like to send you a few bucks in return! Thank you so much!!!!!LKJASLDKJ

Donate it to your favorite charity

Months? I'm surprised you didn't ask earlier, at least Sony support or their forums

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  11. Literally, months. I called Sony and they couldnt help, but i never bothered to make a support thread on any forums, i just looked everywhere on the internet. (and found nothing until now! )
    Quote Quote  
  12. Calling them is basically useless, they won't help for things like this. I think their help is outsourced and the people answering the phones probably don't even use the software LOL . Their help line is more for registration issues, stuff like that

But their own forum is decent for vegas specific issues, because actual users post there . Although they have official sony reps there that know their stuff posting there, more often it's fellow users that help out
    http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/Forums/ShowTopics.asp?ForumID=4&back=1
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 21st Apr 2013 at 14:02.
    Quote Quote