VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi to all, Im a new member but i follow this forum for quite some time. I want to upscale Death Note from 480p to 720p and get a good quality like the Death Note Result that I have attached. I use XviD4PSP v5 and its been a week that im trying to do it but cant get results. Please can anyone help me what to do or what software to use if XviD4PSP don't do this, or what filters to use. Im attaching the source file that is in 480p and the result file 720p that I want to get the final result as... If you need any information ask me. Thank you in advance

P.S. Sorry for my English and if I posted in the wrong section.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can use nnedi3_rpow2 for Upsizing.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Lanczos4Resize to upscale cause i read that its the best for upscaling and i don't nnedi3_rpow2 as a Resize Filter to XviD4PSP... what software do you recommend me and can I get a result like the one i've attached?
    Quote Quote  
  4. NNEDI3's upscaling algorithm is better than that of Lanczos. NNEDI3 upscales by powers of 2, after this you need to use a resizer to bring this back to your desired resolution (eg. Spline36Resize).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Start with something like:

Code:
    Dehalo_alpha()
    Sharpen(0.5,0.3)
    nnedi3_rpow2(2, cshift="BicubicResize", fwidth=1280, fheight=720)
    Sharpen(0.5)
    Fine tune to your source and perferences.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you guys for your help but as I said I use XviD4PSP. I try to add this filters manually but the software doesn't recognize them. What software do you guys use and I want to saturate and hue it a little bit.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by x264 View Post
    Ok this is what I do and please if anything is wrong help me...

avs4x264.exe: -L x264_64.exe --pass 1 --bitrate 1725 --preset medium --tune animation --level 4.1 --ref 5 --aq-mode 2 --aq-strength 1.0 --direct auto --b-adapt 2 --trellis 2 --no-fast-pskip --no-dct-decimate --qpmin 10 --qpmax 51 --psy-rd 1.00:0.00 --vbv-maxrate 17500 --vbv-bufsize 14000 --chroma-qp-offset -2 --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --subme 10 --me umh --rc-lookahead 50 --min-keyint 10 --sar 1:1 --stats "E:\Temp\0009.log" --output NUL "E:\Temp\0009.avs

THE FILTER

LoadPlugin(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "RemoveGrainSSE2.dll")
    LoadPlugin(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "RepairSSE2.dll")
    LoadPlugin(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "fft3dfilter.dll")
    LoadPlugin(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "mvtools2.dll")
    LoadPlugin(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "mvtoolsMT.dll")
    LoadPlugin(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "WarpSharp.dll")
    LoadPlugin(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "SangNom.dll")
    LoadPlugin(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "mt_masktools-26.dll")
    LoadPlugin(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "MaskTools.dll")
    LoadPlugin(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "EEDI2.dll")
    LoadPlugin(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "nnedi2.dll")
    LoadPlugin(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "nnedi3.dll")
    LoadPlugin(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "Toon-v1.1.dll")
    LoadPlugin(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "UnFilter.dll")
    LoadPlugin(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "awarpsharp2.dll")
    LoadPlugin(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "AddGrainC.dll")
    LoadPlugin(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "dither.dll")
    LoadPlugin(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "TEdgeMask.dll")
    LoadPlugin(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "flash3kyuu_deband.dll")
    Import(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "LumaDB_v0.7.avsi")
    Import(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "GrainFactory3mod_v1.2.avsi")
    Import(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "Dither.avsi")
    Import(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "aa.avs")
    Import(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "Gradfun2dbmod.avs")
    Import(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "LSharpAAF.avs")
    Import(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "FastLineDarkenMod.avs")
    Import(XviD4PSPPluginsPath + "LimitedSharpenFaster.avs")

setmtmode(2)
    # setmemorymax(768)

nnedi3_rpow2(rfactor=2, cshift="BicubicResize", fwidth=1280, fheight=720)

#ColorYUV(levels="TV->PC")
    #ColorYUV(gain_y=0,cont_y=0,gain_v=0,gain_u=-0,off_u=-0,off_v=-0).levels(0,1.0,255,0,255)

MergeChroma(aWarpSharp2(chroma=4))

# ===== Denoiced =====
    # StrDrk = default(StrDrk,38) #FastLineDarkenMOD
    # ShPre = default(ShPre,18) #Presharpening
    # ShPost = default(ShPost,300) #Postsharpening
    # SmPost = default(SmPost,100) #Postsmoothing
    # stabilize= default(stabilize,false ) # Use post stabilization with Motion Compensation
    # tradius = default(tradius,2) # 2 = MDegrain2 / 3 = MDegrain3
    # MT=default(MT,false) # Use josey_wells' branch of MVTools
    # aapel = default(aapel,1) # accuracy of the motion estimation
    # \ (Value can only be 1, 2 or 4. 1 means a precision to the pixel. 2 means a precision to half a pixel, 4 means a precision to quarter a pixel, produced by spatial interpolation (better but slower).)
    # aaov = default ( aaov,(a.width>1100) ? 8 : 4 ) # block overlap value (horizontal). Must be even and less than block size. (Higher = more precise & slower)
    # aablk = default ( aablk,(a.width>1100) ? 16 : 8 ) # Size of a block (horizontal). It's either 4, 8 or 16 ( default is 8 ). Larger blocks are less sensitive to noise, are faster, but also less accurate.
    # aatype = default(aatype,"EEDI2") # Use EEDI2() or Sangnom() or maa() or daa() or ediaa() or aaa() or saa() or splinaa() or supaa() or naa() or shaarp() or aaf() or nnedi() or nnedi2() or nnedi3() or antialiasing() for anti-aliasing.

LSharpAAF(StrDrk=48, ShPre=18, ShPost=300, SmPost=100, tradius=2, aapel=2, aaov=4, aablk=8, aatype="maa")

# DeBanding
    DB = LumaDB(g1str=1.2,g2str=1.0,g3str=0,g1const=false,g 2const=false,temp_avg=40, mask=false)
    mask = mt_edge("prewitt",17,17,17,17,u=3,v=3)
    maskf = mt_logic(mask,mt_logic(mask.utoy(),mask.vtoy(),"or ").spline64resize(width,height),"or").mt_expand(). mt_expand()
    mt_merge(last,DB,maskf.mt_invert(),luma=true)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What filters do I have to use if I want to have a result sharper and crisp like that video even if I dont upscale the video but I really need to understand how to make it sharper and crisp. Sorry for making a lot of question
    Quote Quote  
  9. Use this

LSFmod(defaults="slow")
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use this

LSFmod(defaults="slow")
    I just did it and you can see the results, the video its not clear or crisp like the one at the first post
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  11. I've tried your source in MediaCoder. Sat an average bitrate of 800 kbps for the video, copied the audio and resized to 1280x720 in the picture tab.

PS I must learn to read. Though you were displeased with your second video.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by videobruger; 19th Apr 2013 at 05:19.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    I've tried your source in MediaCoder. Sat an average bitrate of 800 kbps for the video, copied the audio and resized to 1280x720 in the picture tab.
    Its the same result that I get but not the result that I want. We all know that there is not a Death Note version which is 720p but the result that I posted at the first post its 30 sec of Episode 17 in 720p and its perfectly scaled and its sharp and crisp. I just wanted to know what has been used on that video so I can get the same result but after a week I'm not even near that
    Quote Quote  
  13. The sample you posted above is upscaled and it looks very bad, upscaling does not improve the video quality.
    Quote Quote  
  14. try this

ffvideosource("source.mkv")
    nnedi3_rpow2(2, cshift="Spline36Resize", fwidth=1280, fheight=720)
    Lsfmod(defaults="slow", strength=50)
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try this

ffvideosource("source.mkv")
    nnedi3_rpow2(2, cshift="Spline36Resize", fwidth=1280, fheight=720)
    Lsfmod(defaults="slow", strength=50)
    I tried this but you don't get the clearness and the crisp that is on the video in the first post
    Quote Quote  
  16. Your source is already low quality. It's not sharp yet it has oversharpening halos. Sharpening it will accentuate those halos. If you dehalo first you will have even less sharp video. The second video you posted started with a higher quality source. You will never get a result like it from your source.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    Buy the Japanese releases.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1456069#post1456069
    for anime you should usually stay away from non R2J dvd releases, i just compared Death Note R1 and R2J and it's not even funny how fucked the R1 version was, generally the vob files where 4-500 mb smaller pr episode and blurrred to oblivion, the color/gamma of them where also very different (think cold vs warm presets you can find on tv's/pc display's)
    Quote Quote