VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Youtube used to provide a fairly consistent experience, even in the early days of their HD. Now half the time they won't load or load so slowly it's impossible to watch. What's the point in making 1080p video available when the servers don't support it?

I have a 10 meg connection that usually registers 8.5 - 9 megs on speed test sites.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    They load and work fine for me, unless I am downloading/uploading something that is using massive bandwidth.

I always choose the highest quality and always look for the 720 & 1080 vids of whatever I happen to be looking for.

But then again......
    Ahem......
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by brassplyer View Post
    Youtube used to provide a fairly consistent experience, even in the early days of their HD. Now half the time they won't load or load so slowly it's impossible to watch. What's the point in making 1080p video available when the servers don't support it?

I have a 10 meg connection that usually registers 8.5 - 9 megs on speed test sites.

I used to have Time Warner and that problem would occur, now on Verizon Fios (the 50 meg package) and it happens more often. Looking into it online the only thing that most point to is that youtube has to upgrade it's servers because they have trouble handling the traffic they are getting hit with.

There has also been some suspicion about the ISP throttling the rate for sites such as youtube
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's probably their servers because it's always slow around 5-7 pm, there are millions of people watching videos.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I've been having the same problem lately too. I was wondering if it was happening to anyone else, because it just started happening all of a sudden. Glad to know it's not just me...
    Quote Quote