VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, are we allowed to talk about removing the DRM from iTunes videos here? Or is this area of discussion off-limits on this forum? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quick Answer to a quick question. Ask a mod (use the Report function)

It may come under 'fair use' but equally it could be warez (copyright infringement) so rather than waste a topic just do the above.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I don't buy iTunes videos specifically for that reason (DRM) so I don't claim to be constantly on the lookout for information on the subject, but the last time I looked into it the only "solution" was to use a streaming media recording program like Replay Video Capture and record the video in real time while it played.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @DB83 Okay, I've sent a message to a mod. Thanks!

@jman98 I actually have a program that can easily remove DRM from iTunes videos. But I have a couple questions about it and I want to see if anyone can help answer them. But I don't want to talk about it until I know for sure that we're allowed to.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    That is some weak ass DRM if there are free programs now that can remove it. What the hell took them so long to come out? A couple of years ago there was really no solution except to do what I talked about. I just did a search and I found tons of websites talking about how to remove it at no charge. What the hell took everybody so long?

Post your questions and hope for the best. Continuing to dance around like a wussy doesn't get you any answers.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    While it could be considered a warez related topic I suppose, I think drm like this is basically malware. Apple expects me to buy a separate copy of something from itunes for every Apple device I own?

I know a number of people who would be mac users except for this.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    No, you don't have to buy a separate copy of videos for each device you want to play something from iTunes on. You just need support for the DRM that it uses on your playback device. iTunes lets you authorize a specific number of devices to play your media. I don't remember the number but it's large enough that it's probably more than 99% of its customers need.

For the record I want to mention that iTunes music is NOT encumbered with DRM any more and has not been for several years now. Jobs finally got the music industry to reluctantly agree that iTunes DRM on audio was just a waste of time as it was easily cracked so there was no point in keeping it any more. The DRM on video is not the same as what they used to use on audio.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The DRM removal software I have is Requiem 4.1. To anyone who knows about it, my question is this: Can you use it to remove DRM without having iTunes itself installed? For various complicated reasons, I cannot install iTunes on my computer. But I have a TV eposode file that I need to remove the DRM from, so I dragged it into the program. I got an error message saying: "Decryption Failed: Can iTunes Play This File?" I'm guessing this means that I need to have iTunes in order for the program to work. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can explain to me whether this is the case, and maybe tell me whether there's anything else I can try. Thanks, guys.
    Last edited by R&MFan; 18th Apr 2013 at 23:12.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    From the guy who promotes this sw:

"Requiem must be run on a computer that is currently authorized to play the DRM'd music."
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @DB83 Okay, gotcha. Thanks for pointing that out!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    R&MFan, in the future, please use a thread title that better reflects your subject.

Thanks.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @redwudz Okay, will do.
    Quote Quote