VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello.

So I have this video of great importance and there is this one frame that I need to remove some dust/fog from an area area to see what a man is holding (In the video you can see a shadow of what the man is holding, but it is not clear).
    Is there any video/picture tool that could remove it or at least make it easier to see behind the dust?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Post a full resolution sample.
    Quote Quote  
  3. So the object is only visible in this one frame? Not the frame before or the frame after?
    Quote Quote  
  4. well if you guys want I can post the video (its a youtube video anyways) and it is a political one about an assassination of a man in Syria (bit violent But No Blood or anything present in this video, so it is safe to watch)

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PcpyatKyuJE

at 0:12 a man walks by and reaches the old man, now the question is around 0:15 do you guys see any sort of gun in the hand of that man?
    That is the thing I want to zoom in (or not) and make more clear.

Or do you guys think its a fake video.

If you want more info about the situation in the video I can explain.
    Quote Quote  
  5. It's impossible to tell with the youtube version. You won't be able to clear anything up. As you are probably already aware, youtube re-encodes everything, so the quality will be degraded. If you had the original video (perhaps contact the original uploader), you might have a better chance of identifying details

This video has odd pillarbox borders - so that might be evidence that is has been processed even before youtube, and perhaps not the real original video

But I'm curious about the story... I can't read the comments on the youtube page.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    It's impossible to tell with the youtube version. You won't be able to clear anything up. As you are probably already aware, youtube re-encodes everything, so the quality will be degraded. If you had the original video (perhaps contact the original uploader), you might have a better chance of identifying details

This video has odd pillarbox borders - so that might be evidence that is has been processed even before youtube, and perhaps not the real original video

But I'm curious about the story... I can't read the comments on the youtube page.
    Ok so I'll try to make it as short as possible :P
    This happened in Syria (there is a revolution happening there since 2 years), this old man is a religious man who supports the Syrian government (takes orders from them) and recently he called all civilians to join the regime side against the revolutionists (what the government calls terrorists).
    After he did within days he got killed.
    Now the government story said that there was a huge explosion inside of the mosque and around 30 people died. But recently this video was released (Not by the government, but by a page on facebook who is against the government) which states that the government is actually the one who killed him (some people say that the man that came to him shot him in the head with a gun). and the explosion appears to have happened above his head only, so it is not possible to cause 30 deaths.

So thats the story of this video in a nutshell.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks for the background info

The old man definitely looks in worse condition after the guy runs in front of him . But it's inconclusive that the other guy actually does anything to the old man

You cannot tell anything from this type of video - the compression artifacts from youtube will hide all digital signatures such evidence of manipulation , photoshoping etc...

and the explosion appears to have happened above his head only, so it is not possible to cause 30 deaths.
    You cannot say with any certainty, because the video is only capturing part of the explosion. The full extent is not captured in the field of view
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    it certainly looks like a homicide to me, i'd even go as far as to say that the explosion was a distraction, you can see the explosion above his head, the guy seems likely injured but not fatally, the man walks in front of him and next thing you know the guy's gone and the old man looks dead.

i'd say that guy made sure he died in the explosion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Should we report it to John Kerry?
    Quote Quote  
  10. it does look like homicide and most people are agreeing on that :O
    Quote Quote