VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all, I wasn't sure where to post this question. Anyway, what is WebM and how do I convert it to get it on my mp3 player? I was using Real Player downloader and then use format factory to convert it and sync it in windows media player to get in on my mp3 player. Hope this makes sense. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    webm is a video format. if your mp3 player is video also, then convert to a format the mp3 player understands. maybe try xmediarecode, it has presets for most small devices.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    WebM is HTML5 video. It may or may not become the next big thing in web video. On the plus side the format is free to use. On the downside, it's too new to do anything but guess as to whether or not it will become a standard. Microsoft and Apple aren't very enthused about it and have done little to nothing to support it natively. I have the impression that it's sort of intended as a replacement for Flash because enthusiasm for Flash is waning due to security issues and the fact that iPhones and iPad do just fine without Flash support. I also have the impression that Adobe is really tired of having to spend valuable time and resources to constantly fix a seemingly endless number of horrific Flash security problems. There's probably not that much money left to be made from Flash and they'd probably rather spend their time fixing the endless number of Adobe Reader security problems as I suspect that their PDF tools still bring in good money.

FFMPEG can apparently convert it, but I have no idea what your mysterious "mp3 player" plays for video.
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    WebM is VP8 video + Vorbis audio in a Matroska wrapper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebM
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a memorex touchMP...it does play videos. They are Windows Media(TM) Video Files on the mp3 player. I want to convert the videos to mp3 b/c I don't need to watch them necessarily. Why don't they just leave things alone...frustrated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Genevive32 View Post
    ... I want to convert the videos to mp3 b/c I don't need to watch them necessarily...
    If you want to convert WebM files to mp3 files to listen on your player...
    Use a program such as WinFF
    WinFF > Convert to:Audio > Preset:MP3
    WinFF is here ---> http://winff.org/html_new/downloads.html
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, thanks
    Quote Quote