VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, newbie here at the forum. I've been using Vdub for a long time, mod for awhile and prism from NCH for a short period of time. I recently installed a Haali file and got a warning about reported unsafe download....I ignored it. Big mistake, populated my computer with malware out the wahzoo, destroyed windows recovery console etc etc. After running all the av/malware/spyware progs I could find I was still having issues. Vdub etc was still working fine.

Then I ran combofix. It did find the remaining malware/trojans etc and it reinstalled my windows firewall and recovery console. After running it, virtualdub files and Prism files are doubling and sometimes more in size. Xvid, H264 ditto, regardless of settings the files are getting Massive. For example a 400mb avi compressed with Xvid mpeg 4 came out to 1.1Gig. The OS is XP pro running SP 3 which I have reapplied. I've downloaded every ver of Vdub I can find, tried them all. Vdub mod same problem, reinstalled Prism etc and no change.

Anyone have any idea what windows files Combofix may have changed that would result in this? Combofix has no support and ive not yet gotten any responses from the forum related to it. Im going to upload a vdub crash file because that is the latest, crashes totally at frame 7.

Oh yeah, downloaded and installed avidemux 2.6 and it will NOT open. Never shows in processes/task manager, dbl. clk it it, hour glass goes for a few seconds then gone.

Any suggestions greatly Appreciated!~
    Thanks!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One more thing, I've run a couple registry progs, one from uniblue the other a freebie. I've also run SFC /scannow w/my XP cd and no change. There are No restore point prior to when the issue arose.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You have to set the bitrate in the encoder configuration.

To be honest, sounds like you have some worse problems that that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Dave,
    Been there, done that. I've been getting help from NCH / Prism support as well and gone through a few diff. scenarios/settings etc. Hopefully find what is messing with it and that will solve vdub issues as well thus far, no luck. Thanks for the reply!
    Quote Quote