VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I'm new here and I hope someone could help me out here. I have 50 MKV files. All the Files have an intro part. The Intro part should be replaced in all Videos with another Intro I made myself.
    Is there any Video Editor where I can set up such a Batch-Job?
    Maybe I didn't explained it very good, so I'd like to write down here the steps which needs to be done on every Video.

1. Cut the first 20 seconds of the Video
    2. Merge the self made Intro Video with the rest of the Video from the first step.

And that should be done for about 50 MKV files.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards
    Vlaves
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are they all same? Same video and audio properties then. Because when you join must everything match or else must you reconvert each intro to match the source.

But you can use ffmpeg to do both cutting and joining in a batch file. You can use a GUI to load all files like winff and then add a special ffmpeg command line to execute on all.

edit: And you might not be able to cut exactly at 20 seconds, you can only cut at keyframes with ffmpeg witout reconverting.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Are they all same? Same video and audio properties then. Because when you join must everything match or else must you reconvert each intro to match the source.

But you can use ffmpeg to do both cutting and joining in a batch file. You can use a GUI to load all files like winff and then add a special ffmpeg command line to execute on all.

edit: And you might not be able to cut exactly at 20 seconds, you can only cut at keyframes with ffmpeg witout reconverting.
    Thanks for your help Yes the new Intro and the 50 Video Files do have the same Audio and Video format. I made the new Intro Video so it matches the 50 other files. How do I know if the Frame I need to cut is a Keyframe? O.k. now I have to look at ffmpeg first, which will for sure take some time

Regards
    Vlaves
    Quote Quote