KingJohns Guides
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not even on a bet.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  3. @iameggybread
    Funny movie, good test of matting two or more videos on top of each other to get the "many people with only one" effect. Your accent wasn't a problem, watching so much BBC (yes we have it in America) I'm used to it. Music sets the mood for the entire movie as you can see in bartjuh's video. This applies in yours too, the upbeat jazz. So, good into, and style of editing and shooting. You talked about what was happening then cut to the scene and so on. And the British humor definitely shows and being a fan on Monty Python this isn't a bad thing at all. So thumbs up for this short from me.

@bartjuh
    I'm actually half Dutch...my "roots" I guess you could say are there. I have family there I visit every once in awhile.
    I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead - not sick, not wounded - dead.- Woody Allen
    fonoop.com
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by fonoop
    @iameggybread
    Funny movie, good test of matting two or more videos on top of each other to get the "many people with only one" effect. Your accent wasn't a problem, watching so much BBC (yes we have it in America) I'm used to it. Music sets the mood for the entire movie as you can see in bartjuh's video. This applies in yours too, the upbeat jazz. So, good into, and style of editing and shooting. You talked about what was happening then cut to the scene and so on. And the British humor definitely shows and being a fan on Monty Python this isn't a bad thing at all. So thumbs up for this short from me.
    I totally agree with Fonoop, it's a funny movie. I've one thing to add, the music is well chosen, but I think it would be better to use an effect between the different scenes. Now the scenechanges are a little bit too hard (bright picture becomes suddenly dark).
    Well done the image matting!
    Post your movies here!
    And while you're there, please tell me what I can improve in my movies!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by lethaldoser
    Originally Posted by bartjuh
    Originally Posted by lethaldoser
    http://fumunda.rackhost.net/ululantcries.avi

15 Meg Dixv file. i did it for a friends band and before i have someone say, you cant use those gladiator clips, i know, but i did.
    Okay first of all it's definately not my favorite kind of music, so I just turned of my speakers. I just watched the movie, and the first thing that came up, why black and white? The gladiator movie is in color, compared to the black and white of the group. Why?
    This movie/The kinds is/are ideal to use blurs, and things, fast movements, ghostings, and more of those things. Perhaps you can change that.

almost equal:
    Originally Posted by lethaldoser
    http://fumunda.rackhost.net/onemoreyeardivx.avi

WARNING no pr0n here 16Meg Divx encoded. heavy metal.
    both bands wanted their footage in black and white, so i put their footage in black and white. since you turned down the music on the first video then you wouldnt have known that the song was about the opening battle scene in gladiator.( you wouldnt know if you heard the lyrics unless you have read them) i used the gladiator footage as a small visual break. i really wanted to see what i could make with the bands footage.

for the second video, i didnt get all of the footage that i wanted due to inexperience. the idea behind the video was that the band is carjacking a carjacker that attacked a friend. all of the red footage was supposed to be what the carjacker was seeing when he closed his eyes. i stuck the live footage in after the curbing because i wanted to save some of that for the end of the video.
    I'm sorry about the music, it's not my thing. But actually I wasn't asking why the gladiator was in the movie (I thought it was about fighting for your life or somehting), but I asked why not both black and white.
    And I know how difficult it is to have bare footage. The red color seems logical, but perhaps you have to fade-in the red color.
    I hope I didn't hurt your feelings.
    Post your movies here!
    Quote Quote  
  6. hé Fonoop, hoe gaat het met je? :P
    Post your movies here!
    Quote Quote  
  7. alles is goed
    I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead - not sick, not wounded - dead.- Woody Allen
    fonoop.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, tell me what you think of the movies on my website. I'm just looking for comments to see what everyone likes/dislikes about them. OH and just so you know the kung-fu video was greatly darkened by compression and it lost many of its frames, but It is still watchable. Please let me know.

http://homepage.mac.com/tgpo
    Quote Quote  
  9. Depek
    Quite a big movie, for just one effect. I take it's an image of a real object, and you just let to turn on the picture till it's actual position, and the guy graps the object from there. Am I correct, If it's just an image (the whole time) it's a complete different story, than it's good!
    So sorry I've to say it, but I'm a little disapointed, because there isn't very much to see

Kung Fu
    TGPO, what do you think of The Matrix?
    I'm sure you loved it
    I also recognised the fireball from an earlier movie.

Another nice thing is the use of the reverse, used at the dart-scene. Music also quite good, but I think you there is room for improvement: there is a moment when the sound 'shocks', an ideal moment for a direct hit, also shocking. But it looks quite good.
    Nice extra feature, the bloopers, I love it!

But I think the first movie I commented, was also the first you made. So I think it's just a matter of time, till you find your own style, and create great movies.
    Post your movies here!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Depek
    Quite a big movie, for just one effect. I take it's an image of a real object, and you just let to turn on the picture till it's actual position, and the guy graps the object from there. Am I correct, If it's just an image (the whole time) it's a complete different story, than it's good!
    So sorry I've to say it, but I'm a little disapointed, because there isn't very much to see
    This was the first video I ever made. It was for a project for school for my girlfriend. For the effect the can was always there and I masked it out, once the can from the nose its the proper location I simply removed the mask. I was happy with the results for one days work.

Kung Fu
    TGPO, what do you think of The Matrix?
    I'm sure you loved it
    I also recognised the fireball from an earlier movie.

Another nice thing is the use of the reverse, used at the dart-scene. Music also quite good, but I think you there is room for improvement: there is a moment when the sound 'shocks', an ideal moment for a direct hit, also shocking. But it looks quite good.
    Nice extra feature, the bloopers, I love it!

But I think the first movie I commented, was also the first you made. So I think it's just a matter of time, till you find your own style, and create great movies.
    I liked the Matrix, but I can't watch it more than once ever 6 months or so.

Where do you recognize the fireball from?

Oh, the bloopers....when I got hit in the foot it hurt so bad!!

I love the comments, I'm workng on some new stuff, I hope to get your comments on those as well.
    Quote Quote  
  11. This was the first video I ever made. It was for a project for school for my girlfriend. For the effect the can was always there and I masked it out, once the can from the nose its the proper location I simply removed the mask. I was happy with the results for one days work.
    >Just as I thought, but for one hey, school...
    I liked the Matrix, but I can't watch it more than once ever 6 months or so.

Where do you recognize the fireball from?

Oh, the bloopers....when I got hit in the foot it hurt so bad!!

I love the comments, I'm workng on some new stuff, I hope to get your comments on those as well.
    I looked in my download folder, and it was Dr What (from Fonoop I believe). But there were more, one or two I think.

Don't worry, I'll be here to comment the movies
    Post your movies here!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I used the program AlamDV to insert the fireball. Nice program, been using it for a while now.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Bingo! That was it:
    Originally Posted by humdinger
    ...Also another really good site for makin SFX is www.alamdv.com ...
    That's where I saw the other movies

Somebody else with a new movie?
    Post your movies here!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Kung Fu Action-This is a good start...you certainly used more advanced editing techniques than when I was first starting out, possibly better than what I have now Anyway, this is the type of thing you need to do on a regular basis to get good at making movies, short films, whatever. I imagine you use the same process when I make one...get together with a few friends, a camera with a fresh battery and tape, and brainstorm. This eventually evolves into your style of planning a movie. On the movie I'm working on now, we get together and write stuff down and draw pictures...known as a storyboard in Hollywood. In fact, I like doing this so much that I'm planning on making a career out of it. You never know how a passion starts=).

Btw-nice website
    fonoop.com
    Quote Quote  
  15. 2 videos here

and 1 video here

i'm not in any of them, i just edited them.
    Quote Quote  
  16. if i created an anime music video would that count for what your looking for at all?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Certainly, Any style and type of film would be appreciated. Show us your stuff
    fonoop.com
    Quote Quote  
  18. hmmm, sorry if i missed this but where would i be posting this?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Well, as you can see, my first (of many hopefully) post. I would not usually bore you with my simple vid, but I felt it was the least I could do seeing as I viewed all of yours. All it is, is a basic slide show with music. I used..... windows movie maker 2 (*GASP*!!!!!) to make it. But I figured it would be best to get my feet wet before jumping into the ocean of Ulead and premiere. PLEASE let me know if this share does not work, I have not tried using my ISP to host b4, so if it does not work, I would like to correct the problem. thanks. Many more to come.

edit: sorry, does not work...working on it..

ok... trying it now...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mhinman02/vid.wmv
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Okay guys, and girls, I've got Kung Fu 2 on the way! We've finished shooting and have moved on to editing. We're about 35% done with editing the video, then we're moving on to audio. All I can say so far is WOW! This is one of our personal bests. I'm working on getting a trailer made real quick so ya'll can see what it'll be like. So far people here love it, and I think ya'll will like it too. We're working as fast as we can on this one.

Oh, my production team is also creating a DVD of ALL of our work. It'll contain behind the scenes and making ofs, and bios of my team. Plus it'll have videos never before seen.

I'm real excited about this and will keep ya'll posted with all the happenings.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's done. Kung Fu 2 is in the can and up for download! You'll need to download the 3ivx codec to watch it. Give me your thoughts!

Kung Fu 2
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Non 3ivx version can be found Here. It's MPEG-4 so Quicktime 6 is required.
    Quote Quote  
  23. http://fumunda.rackhost.net/WelcomeToMemphis.wmv

a video for a local hardcore band Clenched Fist.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Whoa old thread. Funny seeing that I posted in it and how much I've done since. Here's two links to my movies. Some live action and 3d characters together, some just animated, and some just live action. I'd love to hear what you guys think.

http://www.dodstudios.net/pafiledb3/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=3

http://www.chrisboniface.com/movies.htm

Also I'm still downloading all your clips, I'll comment on them tomorrow.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by sysrq
    2 videos here

and 1 video here

i'm not in any of them, i just edited them.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only etiting you've done is deleting some scenes. (only the 'round 1' is an extra).
    Perhaps you should use something to make your movie less shocking. Or was it was it shot after a couple of beers
    So in your next movie try to make the movie more interesting, and not just to lean back on what's in it. By the way, your friends?
    Post your movies here!
    Quote Quote  

Originally Posted by tgpo
    It's done. Kung Fu 2 is in the can and up for download! You'll need to download the 3ivx codec to watch it. Give me your thoughts!

Kung Fu 2
    I watched your movies, and congratz to the editor! But too bad of the bad acting Nice tricks from time to time (the fireballs, the car). Also the blood looks good. Also the details are good, but one thing...if somebody leaves something (shoe) leave it there, and don't get it after the scene
    The acting isn't that great (knock out by wind )
    But well done, position changes, different video-effect, perhaps different sounds at punches. Looking forward to your next movie
    Post your movies here!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by Faceman101
    Whoa old thread.
    http://www.dodstudios.net/pafiledb3/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=3

http://www.chrisboniface.com/movies.htm

Also I'm still downloading all your clips, I'll comment on them tomorrow.
    Please don't post a whole bunge of movies, but tell us which are the best movies.

And how many hours are in one day, here in Holland 24 :P
    Post your movies here!
    Quote Quote  
  28. I've seen Memento and personally don't think it's as great as it's hyped up to be. The movie is definitely well written, but it's just a movie that perplexes your brain....don't get me wrong, I liked the movie...just didn't think it's as great as some make it out to be. I've seen many movies which have intense plots such as that, ..which is probably why it was only nomiated, and didn't win anything. At any rate, that's just my opinion.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can someone help me ? I would like to post one of my music vids from the weddings I do. Here is the problem.

My work is in yahoo briefcae, in a movie folder. I have given share access and I purchased this extra space for this reason. But for the life of me, I cannot get a VALID link from this thing that ANYONE but me can use. If I click the link, works great. Anyone else gets 404 file not found.

I have tried properties as its playing, right click left click anything ..it never works. Anyone know an easy way ???
    Quote Quote  
  30. File not found, means perhaps the following:
    you made a link to the movie, but with the location c:\bla\bla.avi on that way it's normal you can watch it, but everybody else can't. But give me a pm, and I'll put it on my site for this time only. (in the meanwhile you can try to find out why it doesn't work.)

edit: smart move, I quote a reply which is above mine
    Post your movies here!
    Quote Quote