VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, i want to extract the subtitles from an mkv, two vobsub streams, i tried with tsmuxer and shows an error "some tracks not recognized. this track was ignored" showing only the video and audio streams, i trieda with mkvextractgui, and extracts only a few minutes of the subtitles, no error showed, but if i try to mkvmerge only the streams of subtitles shows an error zlib decompression fail. The movie plays without a problem with wmp, but with vlc the slide bar dont works, if i try to use it the movie freezes.

I tried to extract the subtitles with Subtitle Edit, but again i can extract only a few minutes, i dont know what more can i do, any ideas to fix this problems?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are you using mkvextractgui2? Note the 2.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, i used mkvextractgui2 not mkvextractgui , now i tried with the old version, and the problem it's the same, something happens at specific point but i dont know what to do.
    Last edited by ErdeZGZ; 25th Mar 2013 at 02:59.
    Quote Quote  
  4. may be running the mkv through Meteorite before trying to extract stuff helps,...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Nothing happens when i drag the file into Meteorite, no progress bar, is very strange.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hmm, normally a progress bar should appear at the bottom. Seems like Meteorite can't handle the file.
    Other then that you could try to remux the file using ffmpeg:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i input.mkv -c:v copy -c:a copy -c:s copy output.mkv
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Hmm, normally a progress bar should appear at the bottom. Seems like Meteorite can't handle the file.
    Other then that you could try to remux the file using ffmpeg:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i input.mkv -c:v copy -c:a copy -c:s copy output.mkv

[matroska,webm @ 0237d540] Invalid EBML number size tag 0x01 at pos 838894663 (0x32008447)

ffmpeg shows me this error and stops the process.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Since you mentioned that 'he movie plays without a problem with wmp' the DirectShow filter that is used there is probably more robust.
    -> open the file through GraphStudio to see which splitter is used
    (assuming it's Haalis Media Splitter, it might be possible to remux the file using GDSMux)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Since you mentioned that 'he movie plays without a problem with wmp' the DirectShow filter that is used there is probably more robust.
    -> open the file through GraphStudio to see which splitter is used
    (assuming it's Haalis Media Splitter, it might be possible to remux the file using GDSMux)
    Yeah, the splitter is haali media splitter i tried to remux with gdsmux but at 8.1% no more progress, the same point with ffmpeg.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Are you sure the playback through wmp really works fine ( with subtitles enabled), especially around the location where all other players fail?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Are you sure the playback through wmp really works fine ( with subtitles enabled), especially around the location where all other players fail?
    Well, the play stops at 00:12:32 to 00:12:50
    Quote Quote  
  12. Okay, then the starting statement "The movie plays without a problem with wmp,..." was wrong.
    -> seems like your file is broken to a point where no tool can handle it.

if the file works without the subtitles, your best choice is probably to extract all the streams that work, look if you find a new subtitle stream and remux the whole thing with the new subtitle stream.
    Quote Quote  
  13. If i disable the subtitles, the play stops too, dammit, i expend a lot of time to download this movie
    Quote Quote  
  14. Well, i tried to split the movie after the critical point with mkvmergegui but i can't do it because the demux crashes, i tried with machete and i can but the problem it's that i lose the subtitles, so what program can i use to split that movie or cut/delete a selection without losing the subtitles?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Sorry, no clue, but with a bit of luck and google, it might be easy to find a replacement for the subtitles,....
    Quote Quote  
  16. Done with gdsmux, very easy, load the movie on gdsmux, preview of the video, and making the selection to remux the part of the movie that cant be remuxed before, with subtitles. Only a few seconds losed but i have other version of the movie without problems, but i want these subtitles because i dont found it anywhere. Now ocr to srt and job done.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Easier yet, just get the subs from a subtitle site, e.g. subscene.com
    Quote Quote  
  18. Looking for subtitles of: Höök tt0997023, Lime tt0269480, La clé sur la porte tt0077348. tt=iMDb.com Found Desideria tt0081724 subtitle! :-)
    Quote Quote  
  19. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. They are all false positives. Like a 3/50 positive report but with different identified malware/virus is usually a false positive . I would be worried if they reported same virus.
    Quote Quote