VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone I've been out of this forum for years. I couldn't recover my old account, so I had to make a new one. I'm no newbie on audio & video ripping/enconding, but I'm a newbie on whatever that has to do with Blurays. Recently I bought a BD recorder & my first purchase was the Friends TV series complete set on BD format. Now... it already is annoying to have to put the blurays to watch this or that episode. I'm used to have entire series on external HDD, so I decided to rip the whole series to mkv format. So far I had no problems with understanding how ripbot works, and was able to rip the entire first season... until I wanted to rip the extras straight to mkv. It just won't work. First I select the m2ts file I want (let's say extras start at 0070.m2ts). Then the second window appears and let me choose... any of the "big" files (the episodes), but no extra appear to be selected and ripped. I have googled about this and found nothing about ripbot not being able to rip extra content from a Bluray. Any help on this please?. If this software won't work with ripping & converting to mkv (including subtitules, I speak in spanish, my english is not this good to understand spoken english), is there any other software that would do this? Thank you so much in advance))))))))
    Last edited by oopargentina; 22nd Mar 2013 at 10:47.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    RipBot is mostly used to convert the main movie to MKV. (At least for me. ) When I want to do extras, I use tsMuxeR and just rip the extras to a separate folder, then convert them to MKV with RipBot. tsMuxeR is included in the RipBot software under 'Tools'.

Others may be able to give you some other software suggestions or other methods. And welcome back to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    redwudz, thanks so much for your answer))))) I'll try tsmuxer then)))))
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could also use MakeMKV to rip the extras. It will search the BluRay and give you a list of programs over 20 seconds long. MakeMKV only re-packages the content but if you want to have it in AVC you can follow up using HandBrake.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you, olyteddy I'll test them
    Quote Quote