VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there, I've got a special request.

I've purchased at a cheap price a 555HX-S that was dead (hence the price, 40€). No luck, failure is on TUSB board (perhaps main processor, PMC020B8, I haven't tested further).

I too have a 555H (not X, hence not DVB-T) for spares only (failure is a broken PCB of power supply, could be fixed). I swapped boards, and I have now an almost working device (I swapped R119 & R120 to set model to 555HX).

Despite model is correctly set by resistors on TUSB, model displayed in service mode is 555H (not X) - Main board+drive is the one of 555HX). Stangely, tuner can be set, but channels cannot be changed. Odd thing too is main page of service mode: every submodule, including Tuner, is displayed as 'OK'.

Issue is that somewhere in service manual is written: 'you cannot change device model, this can be done only once'. (and same manual states that HDDs must mach model, else strange behaviour can occur )

Hence my question: does someone (a servicer?) who knows very well Pioneer home burners can:

-tell me where this information is stored (I'm afraid that it is in PMC020B8 - would be strange though since device model is set by resistors on that IC)
    -if ever there is a way to change this information, at least, by changing component where info is stored)
    -if information is stored in a memory (Flash? EEprom?), can a dump of model of 555HX-S be overwritten?
    -if this information can be written with UFU.EXE or something else with appropriate JTAG (a simple RS-232 translator)

My guess is that since Pioneer services these boards, they obviously CAN reset them. And my guess is that they are programmed with a serial interface and appropriate level translator, in terminal mode. But how, that's the question ...

Any help much appreciated!

Many thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    We've got one or two Pioneer experts here. Hopefully one of them will see this. If not, I think you're going to have go over to the AVSForums site and ask over there.
    Quote Quote