VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Some time ago I installed Mediacoder 0.8.15.5290 because I had heard that it was a very good encoder and produced high quality video. Well, I've tried several times to convert .flv or .mp4 files with it and every time I get some kind of error. I've yet to convert a single file with it. The error that I see most frequently is error 015 (a muxer error has occurred). The strange thing is that when this happens I turn to Xmedia Recode or AVS2DVD and both of those programs will convert the same file with no difficulty. What's with Mediacoder? Has anyone here used it successfully?
    ganymede
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe try latest mediacoder? 0.8.19?

BUt I don't like the gui. And you should be able to get same quality with other converters like xmedia recode, vidcoder, etc as most are based on same encoders like ffmpeg, libav, x264 encoder.
    Quote Quote  
  3. MediaCoder offers a lot of flexibillity. However, it rely on you to make sensibel choices and don't check wether those are right. Apparently you are trying to mix incompatible codecs/container.

And I use MediaCoder succesfully all the time.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK guys, thanks for your comments. By default I've been using either Xmedia Recode or AVS2DVD by virtue of the problem I've been having with Mediacoder and I may have to stay with those, but I will take a look at Mediacoder 0.8.19. Maybe I'll have better luck with that. As to your comments videobruger, I am probably doing something wrong but at this point I have no idea what it is but would like to know. If I posted a summary of the file properties and of the settings I chose in the wizard, would you be willing to take a look at them? Perhaps there may be something obvious that is causing the problems that I am having.
    ganymede
    Quote Quote  
  5. @ganymede
    Yes I can take a look at it.

Use MediaInfo for your source. Then File -> Export -> Text and create a .txt file
    In MediaCoder use File -> Save as Preset and create a .xml file

Upload those two files with Upload files/Manage attachments and I'll see what I can do.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi videobruger,

Thanks for your offer to help me solve the problem I was having with Mediascoder. However, shortly after I posted my last message the problem was solved. The only thing that I did differently was to move Mediacoder to a different hard drive. As I was trying to figure out what could possibly be going wrong, I noticed that the hard drive had less than 1.5 GB of free space. It occurred to me that while the files I was trying to process were relatively small, perhaps the program needed more disc space for the temporary files that are created during such an operation. So I re-installed Mediacoder to another drive that had more than 60 GB of free space. I have had no difficulty processing any files after that change. I'm not 100% certain that my assumptions about the disc space issue were correct but at least Mediacoder is working fine now.
    ganymede
    Quote Quote  
  7. @ganymede
    I think your assumptions about disc space is correct. I've seen this error before due to lack of space in the final muxing. In the latest version 0.8.19 there is a test for free space (not all that familiar with it - I think it excaggerette the space needed when making "clips")
    Quote Quote