VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    it seems to me that most web players slightly sharpen and stretch the video, resulting in minor artifacts. For me, these slight changes make the video feel weird overall. However, the same video downloaded and played with Windows Media Player or VLC Player produces no artifacts.

I'd like to know, if there is any way to fix the web player.

I'm using the Firefox browser with latest flash player, my screen resolution is 1680x1050.
    While watching youtube video set to 1080p, switching to fullscreen is ok, no artifacts. When I watch the same video at 720p, web player always produces artifacts. But the same video at 720p downloaded and played with VLC does not produce artifacts.

Let me show you an example. I chose this video as an example. I made two images, both at 0:03 position from this video, both in fullscreen mode.
    This one is from the youtube web player: IMAGE
    And this one is from my VLC player: IMAGE

If you open those two pictures next to each other or switch between them in fullscreen, you will notice the differences. It may seem only slight, but it becomes more of an issue on a bigger screen.

Now, I also mentioned web player, I think it's the issue of the web player, because it doesn't happen with livestreams. When you watch a high quality livestream, streamed at 720p, you get no artifacts from the player itself. However, when they save/upload this livestream into a video, the issue comes back.

Thank you for your help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try turning off/on hardware acceleration in the flash player. Right click on the video while it's playing in Firefox, select Settings...
    Quote Quote  
  3. So I can't tell if it fixed the artifacts, but it fixed the messages from the player's overlay. I had the hardware acceleration disabled, because while it is enabled all I can see is a green screen. Ok, gonna try to solve the green screen issue..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Update Flash and your graphics card's drivers to the latest WHQL certified driver.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Intel HD Graphics 3000, i'm using driver version 9.17.10.2932, according to the Intel website, this is the latest.

I already tried newest flash player and I reverted back to 11.5.502, because of some bugs in the new release. There were other solutions about the green screen issue on the adobe forum, like ESET and Bitdefender antiviruses causing trouble, uninstalling two microsoft updates, installing some MSXML 4.0 sp3 update.
    I do not have those antiviruses, uninstalling mine (AVG) didn't help either. I did not have the mentioned microsoft updates at all. And I tried to install the MSXML update. It did not help.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm running Intel HD Graphics 3000 with the same driver version. With Flash's (11.6.602.171) hardware acceleration turned off I get pretty much the same as you -- Adobe uses a poor (but fast) CPU scaler. With HW acceleration on the picture is better, much like VLC's, because the graphics card is doing the scaling, not the CPU. I don't know why your graphics card isn't working right.
    Quote Quote