VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I've a Philips DVP-3680/F7 region free player and I'm using HDMI connection.

While playing a DVD, sometimes for a few seconds the TV screen goes blank and get black/white dots chatter. The movie play is restored but with some skipping. I tried a few DVD which are all new and original and another HDMI cable but problem still exists. The DVDs play alright on my laptop.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks a lot.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would start with the HDMI connection if the discs play well elsewhere. Most of your symptoms aren't classic for DVD players, specifically the black screen.

It could be a bad cable (very possible) or a problem with the player.

Have you connected the player output to another TV or monitor via HDMI?
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How old is the player, and do you use it often? It could need to be cleaned.

(I'm not an expert on that, though (you may need to take apart the player and manually clean the laser lens in a specific way, and I believe most here don't recommend the store-bought cleaners, either), so I'll let the more experienced take over, in that case. )

Also, have you checked the discs to make sure they're not picking up any residue or dirt?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    The HDMI cables/ports and DVDs are okay I think. I suspect it's a problem with the HDMI port. I don't see any problem if I use composite video. It's a new player and I'm thinking of returning it.

Thanks
    Quote Quote