VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It seems I have found a good tool for my mkv 1080p conversions.

Using a very useful tutorial I found on the web, I have already performed a few excellent conversions.

Of course there are several issues I have yet to understand, and probably adjust some values to lower conversion times that are still a bit high, usually around 8 to 10 hours. Considering my hardware is based on an i7 2770 @ 3700MHz and 8Gb RAM, I thought things would go faster.

One thing I do not understand is why Vidcoder does not use more memory. Only 3Gb average, and there is no way to adjust that.

There was a strange issue on my latest conversion, which did not do well. As usual I go for 8Gb final size for video + audio, and the only value I had been adjusting on my saved High Profile preset was the target size. This time I set it to be at 7400MB... but it ended up at 4533Mb. Where did that value come from?

Average bitrate was to be 6897 kbps, and it ended up at 4384 kbps. Why did that happen?

The other values are the same and shouldn't affect file size, only conversion time. So I can't understand what did happen.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What version? Try latest beta if you haven't already.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Version 1.3.4.0 x64.

What would explain that change in target size?
    Quote Quote