VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread

Threaded View

1. I have a vcd that accompanies the textbook that I use in the Chinese primary school where I teach. It is really annoying to have to constantly queue it and have to hear the intro music, banner music, etc every time I want to change exercises. I want to cup out the video files that I need and put them into PowerPoint - actually, a program called OpenOffice Impress which is a clone of PPT. I an use the Impress command to import video and sound but the size of the video area is too small - only about 1/6 of the ppt slide. I need it to fill the slide. I have resized the displayed image of the DAT file so that it fills the screen but when I play the video, it reverts back to its original size Any suggestion? VLC will play the file at full screen size.
    Last edited by Haopengyou; 11th Mar 2013 at 04:09.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try renaming the dat file to .mpg. If it plays then it's just mpeg-1. Search the forum for editing software.

I am wondering if it accompanies a textbook it might have some protection on it.
    Let us know how it goes.

Edit: just found this. Never knew it was on here. Surprising what you find when you do a Search.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/88803-How-to-rip-the-video-from-%28S%29VCD-CDs-or-BIN-CUE-images
    Last edited by transporterfan; 11th Mar 2013 at 04:58.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Heheheh suprising what you find when you know which words to use to search on I changed the extension to mpg and it works now. Thanks!
    Quote Quote