VideoHelp Forum

Poll: When was the last time you went to the theater to watch a movie?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think it was at least 10 years ago or more.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Titanic, 1997
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Lincoln and Silver linings playbook two weeks ago.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    At LEAST a decade ago.
    Quote Quote  
  5. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    "Revenge of the Sith" (2005)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Christmas - 'The Hobbit'
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    Christmas - 'The Hobbit'
    Same here.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. The Simpsons Movie, before that Titanic
    Quote Quote  
  9. Skyfall; before that, Tron Legacy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Hobbit was the last one I saw, Skyfall before that.

I don't plan on seeing another movie in the theater until Star Trek Into Darkness comes out in May.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It was a great big squishy turd called 'The Phantom Menace'.

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-1-the-phantom-menace/
    Last edited by sambat; 10th Mar 2013 at 17:21.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    One more for the Hobbit.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The last time was three, going on four years ago. I wanted to see the Hobbit in 3D at a theater, but couldn't due to a family situation. I will have to be content with watching the 2D Blu-Ray.
    Quote Quote  
  14. It was in 1979. It could be early 1980, according to IMDB the movie in question was released on December 21st, 1979.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  16. The Hobbit. Don't remember the one before that, but several years at least.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  17. We have one of those 'eat in' theaters not far from us. It's nice enough but I find it a very distracting way to watch a movie. My wife prefers this theater and it's pretty much all she want s to go to, fortunately she doesn't want to go too often. Anyway we went 3 weeks ago for out Anniversary and saw "Identity Thief." It was OK. The Wait staff at the theater screwed up my order and took 20 minutes to bring me Ketchup. We got free desserts and comp tickets to another movie. I'm in no rush to go back though.
    Prior to this the last movie I saw was "The Avengers," at a regular theater.

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Went to see "Life of Pi" a couple of weeks ago. But that's the first in a long time. We have a local with 7 screens, but the picture quality is lousy. I'm sure the lenses must be 50 years old. Ever since I got a flatscreen a couple of years ago I rarely go to the theater. My picture is much better then theirs. By the way, I owned an Art House Cinema for several years so I know how good a picture should look. Spent a lot of money to get the best lenses & screen. Closest theater with a really good picture is about 40 miles away so we don't go and all of our movie rental places have closed. Only Redbox available now. So that is why I now have my own movie collection of about 800 films.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Heavy Metal & Excalibur 1981

But then again, I've been showing movies, daily, (at a college) for the last 43 years...I see a LOT of films.
    Losing one's sense of humor....
    is nothing to laugh at.
    Quote Quote  
  20. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, whenever that was.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  22. Saturday (03/09/2013), when I saw Oz, The Great and Powerful.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another for the Hobbit over Christmas - because it was a social thing with friends.

I don't tend to go to the Theatre much any more - about once a year or so. Home setups in the houses of friends have reached the point where we tend to gather and watch films that way now - cheaper, alcohol can be consumed, and less annoyances from children, people using cellphones, advertising etc.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Still go quite often actually, although more often to the local indie theater than the big cineplex, but on occasion if something good comes out from a director I enjoy. Hard to replace the experience of watching a movie with a great crowd at a theater, even if the difference in the visual and auditory experience can be matched at home.
    Quote Quote  
  25. The last one I went to was The Hobbit. I intend to go see Oz, The Great and Powerful in the next week or so, and I'll go to the new pseudo Star Trek movie when it comes out. If I had the money I'd probably go see a movie every week, but at nearly $20 for a large popcorn and Coke, I just can't go that often.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Rambo: First Blood Part II (1985)

I guess it's been more than a few years.

After I posted this I began to think... whats more Important than that is.... How many thousands of movies I've seen since than. There is no way I could have spent all those hours in theaters.

Tony
    Last edited by cal_tony; 12th Mar 2013 at 11:12.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Last wednesday, so, less than a week ago. I saw A Good Day to Die Hard at a local multi theater complex, before that I think I saw the new violent Hansel & Gretel (and to think I brought along my ten year niece, at least she laughed trough the whole movie), also the Total Recall remake and the latest Resident Evil one. I usually go and watch big action/sci-fi/horror movies that way (the guilty pleasure, you know), sometimes for the production values, sometimes for the effects, sometimes to see a 3D movie (I dont have 3D at home but I´m not a big fan of 3D cinema anyway) and when I´m in the mood for real cinema I go to the "cineteca" (cinematheque or whatever it´s called) and the National University´s theaters or art houses where I can watch foreign films from all over the world (and enjoy some really interesting stuff)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I hate going to movie theaters. Not only is it too damm expensive, now you have to worry about picking up bed bugs.
    Quote Quote  
  29. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Les Misérables some months ago.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  30. over 5 years. months before my 1st born
    Quote Quote