VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need to burn a Blu-ray 1920x1080 file fr final cut-- have Toast 11 w plugin.

The problem is that when I drag my .mov file into the Toast Blu-ray disc burn window, it becomes a 1440 x 1080 resolution. This is frustrating, since I cannot find a way to change that resolution. What good is Toast, if it doesn't allow you to define the resolution.

I have a Lacie Blu ray burner (with a Panasonic drive in it)
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm moving you to our mac section.

No, I have no idea what you can do. Other than ask in the toast forum, http://forums.support.roxio.com/forum/274-toast-11/
    Quote Quote  
  3. You could run the HD mov file through Handbrake, (it's a free option), and make an 1920x1080 MKV file.
    Then burn that to disc with Toast. I generally use the DATA/DVD-ROM(UDF) setting. It plays fine on a Bluray DVD Player.

or:

If you have FCP, do you also have DVD Studio Pro?
    If you do, just use the Bluray disc setting in that. You can also add a very basic menu structure through DSP.

Just some thoughts.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What's likely happening is that your MOV file -ALWAYS WAS- 1440x1080. That is a common HD resolution for anamorphically sized recording systems, such as HDV. It stretches out to 1920x1080 (w/ 16:9 DAR) upon playback because the PAR is 4:3 instead of the usual HD PAR of 1:1.

In fact, 1440x1080 happens to be a legit rez option in the BD spec, so you could just encode and burn anyway (assuming the Toast plugin understands the source's 4:3 PAR and encodes correctly, and uses strictly AVC).

Scott
    Quote Quote