Hi Folks, hope someone can help me.

I have a Sanyo Network IP camera on my LAN which I can view using vlc (on the same network). I want to be able to view the stream on a remote computer, via internet. I have set up the necessary port forwarding on the router (using dyndns) and I can see the camera management software when I log in at the dyndns host I have set up. Trouble is, no pictures come through. When I put the rtsp address into vlc (remotely) I get a "no file" error, and so no stream.

On Wowza, they say that before attempting to re-stream an IP camera, you should check that you can see the stream using vlc, but I can't! I can't find any information about how to trouble shoot what is wrong. If one of you guys could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

The thing is - I know it works because the streaming company i used last year had it working fine and none of the settings have been changed since. The company from last year (it's a seasonal nature cam) came back and doubled the price and insisted on a 12 month contract. I worked out (based on monthly transfer rates from last year) that I could do it with Wowza running on AWS EC2 for about half the cost.

Anyone have any idea of what could be wrong? Where I should start trouble shooting? or am I going about it totally the wrong way? We stream 16 hours a day from March to September and transfer 1-2Tb of data a month. Services like ustream and livestream are no good because we can't have ads, and their ad-free charges are very expensive for all day streaming.

Am I missing a step?

Thanks in advance!