VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I tried converting an MP4 file to AVI, didn't think about it being an x264 file () and it wouldn't play on my DVD Player. I used Wondershare to convert it. Is there a better program or can I use Wondershare still but change the settings?

Any help is much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Video to Video Converter, open mp4, select AVI under video profile, adjust the settings. Convert.

Remember that most dvd players supports max 720x480/576 frame size, divx/xvid video codec and mp3 audio.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Video to Video Converter, open mp4, select AVI under video profile, adjust the settings. Convert.

Remember that most dvd players supports max 720x480/576 frame size, divx/xvid video codec and mp3 audio.
    It worked. You legend.

Just two things. 1. The file came out quite large, 3.13gb to be precise when the original file was under 1gb. Is there anything that can be done to change this?

2. On a widescreen monitor it had black borders all the way round the screen, no biggy in this instance as I'm playing it on a 4:3 CRT. If I wanted to play it on a widescreen set, do I just select 16:9 ratio?

Thanks. And thank you so much for this.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    1. If you can't set the output file size directly in the converter then adjust the bitrate for smaller size. You can use a bitrate calculator to calculate the exact size.

2. It's not that simple. It depends on the source, if your dvd player support display aspect ratio, etc.
    Quote Quote