VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20
FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
Thread
  1. Hi!

I see this in the changelog:
    - Fixed an issue where chapters disappeared by changing the image quality when playing YouTube with chapters
    Since when PP can even play youtube videos? When I add a youtube video url it fails to play, so I'm not sure what all this is about.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Hi!

- Fixed an issue where chapters disappeared by changing the image quality when playing YouTube with chapters
    Since when PP can even play youtube videos? When I add a youtube video url it fails to play, so I'm not sure what all this is about.
    Open URL (CTRL-U) works with youtube for me.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Some versions couldn't play youtube videos - at least some, try to upgrade to the latest version.

Copy link, Ctrl+C, go to PotPlayer, paste, Ctrl+V.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Hi!

Open URL (CTRL-U) works with youtube for me.
    I always get "failed to start playback". Unable to connect to requested server.

Even though PP has internet access, I can play plain mp4 files via url.

Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Some versions couldn't play youtube videos - at least some, try to upgrade to the latest version.

Copy link, Ctrl+C, go to PotPlayer, paste, Ctrl+V.
    I tried with the latest right now.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    anyone else have this issue, when you right-click on the potplayer icon on the taskbar (when its running) that you get 3 empty error messages?

It has been like that for at least the last year for me....
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi!
    An unthinkable question in terms of complexity - is there information about how the thumbnails of bookmarks are encoded, those that are saved in the PBF file or in the registry? I assumed that Base64, but no, if it is, it is modified or with some metadata from Potplayer at the beginning, since about 350 of the first characters of different thumbnails are the same.
    We all need this important knowledge to automatically import or generate bookmark thumbnails.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    [210611]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    * Remove sponsor-related features

- Fixed a problem that causes screen to broken when playing certain H264 TS
    Quote Quote  
  8. Interesting, what it means, no pop-up ad?

I didn't have any before, so I can't check it, I'm just curious.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't seen any popups either so I'm not sure.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Not Daum related anymore?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    When I saw this: "Remove sponsor-related features", I immediately downloaded and extracted the latest Beta (using 7-Zip); unfortunately, the popup with the logo still appears a few seconds after launch (I'm in Canada). I'm still using the old version and have had no issues playing anything, local or streamed.
    Edit: The popup may not appear on every launch, maybe once a day? (as mentioned before by others)
    Last edited by Gus.Ghanem; 15th Jun 2021 at 12:50.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've never seen these popups either.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hi,
    Whenever potplayer is playing and i try to type something in other programs like browsers, photoshop etc., I can not type some characters, especially punctuations, instead, the typing affects potplayer and runs any shortcut that is related to that character.

For example, when potplayer is working I can't type "." in other programs, instead, it does an action in potplayer which in the shortcut list is connected with ".".

I'm on win 11.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by henrikkhach View Post
    Hi,
    Whenever potplayer is playing and i try to type something in other programs like browsers, photoshop etc., I can not type some characters, especially punctuations, instead, the typing affects potplayer and runs any shortcut that is related to that character.

For example, when potplayer is working I can't type "." in other programs, instead, it does an action in potplayer which in the shortcut list is connected with ".".

I'm on win 11.
    You somehow set the hotkeys to be global. You need to find the setting to change it back.
    Last edited by mzso; 19th Aug 2022 at 04:07.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Originally Posted by henrikkhach View Post
    Hi,

I'm on win 11.
    You somehow the hotkeys to be global. You need to find the setting to change it back.
    Thanks for your reply. I'll try and send feedback.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by henrikkhach View Post
    Originally Posted by henrikkhach View Post
    Hi,

I'm on win 11.
    You somehow the hotkeys to be global. You need to find the setting to change it back.
    Thanks for your reply. I'll try and send feedback.
    Yes, it worked. Thank you so much.
    Quote Quote